Swain

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I revisited him yesterday in a game, giving him a strong AP build with a WotA 20% spell vamp to stack onto his ult's spell vamp.

He has good crowd control and good damage, but he has absolutely no stopping power in a 1v1. Was going up against a built Jarvis (or whoever that ice guy is) and I could beat on him all day, but couldn't get a kill.

So, I would play him in a 5v5 when he has lots of teammates to take advantage of the crowd control... he has an area of effect stun, ranged attack and spells for poking, and an ult that drains up to 3 enemies at a time while feeding him 75% of all damage he inflicts on them. And, adding more spell vamp with the WotA to that is just icing on the cake (and gives nearby buddies spell vamp)... he just can't burst.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Adding "Deathfire Grasp" to the item loadout helps a little.... but Swain still has very little laning power until he is very fed.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Are you playing bots or real people?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:Are you playing bots or real people?
Custom games. Haven't played him in a long time and wanted to see what I could do with him with my current playing ability.

Really not impressed... would only be useful with a well-organized team. Would have to play guerrilla-style if they were focusing him. Hiding in bushes and waiting for the group to fight, that sort of thing.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Can he jungle?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Never thought of that. I will try. His Q is the cheapest in mana and does good damage, so maybe.