Officer Friendly

Comment threads from front page posts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

From here.

Me venting about my latest encounter with Officer Friendly.

And I actually feel a little better, now.

Edited By GORDON on 1121894075
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

fuckers.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nuisance law as currently written. In the cesspool of the Midwest, they've actually got undercover cops dressed as hobos & construction teams at certain intersection w\ hidden radar guns. Then, a car will pull you over a block or two down the road. The news station was interviewing what appeared to be the officer in charge & she seemed so goddamned proud of it, too. I'd've'd more respect had they just used their guns to hold people up.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

On the way home I was travelling the Andrew Jackson Highway through some city or another, and traffic on the 5-lane highway was backed up for miles.

A few miles ahead I could see the flashing lights of emergency vehicles on the right side of the road, so I figured it must be some accident that had traffic stopped.

It took me almost an hour to go those 3 or 4 miles, and by the time I got to whatever was slowing down traffic I was low on fuel... so I stopped at a gas station across the street from all the emergency vehicles.

As I fueled my cop-magnet, I looked across the street to see what was up...

There was some people on lawn chairs atop a Chic-Fil-A, beside banners that said, "Cop on Top... Supporting Your Local Police Force Fundraiser."

That's them on the restaurant, their flashing emergency vehicles are right behind the thick traffic on the right, slightly down a hill. People were rubbernecking trying to see the accident scene, and it had backed up traffic for miles. That picture was as tight as I could zoom.

Good work, Officer Friendly!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
digitalbrownshirt

Post by digitalbrownshirt »

I got one like that in San Diego. I was coming down this big hill, with cars passing me on both sides. When I got to the bottom a cop was standing on the side of the road waving his arms. I thought he needed help, so I pulled over. He said he didn't need any help he just wanted to give me a ticket for speeding. He claimed he radar gunned me from across the canyon (about 2 miles) doing 65 in a 50 zone. Never mind that there were literally dozens of other cars in the same area and most of them passing me on the down slope. If I didn't like it, take a day off from work and go to court. I was driving a company car, on company business, believe me, I sure as hell wasn't in any hurry that day.