Company bashing - Or, WASTE MANAGEMENT SUCKS

For stuff that is general.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Had a small conversation with somebody who may post their story here also. The conversation is what prompted me to post this.
Story 1- Juresalem is the township just north of here. They paid a local garbage company to pick up the township trash instead of making them hire there own trash pick up like we do. A friend of mine is one of the township trustees. He did some math and couldn't figure out why the garbage bill was soaring. Waste Management were paid by the stop. He trailed the garbage truck one week and figured out WM was charging for an extra 125 stops. WM was promply fired and the job given to another local company.
Story 2- My sisters and I split a dumpster 4 ways. It was cheaper and we had access to a dumpster. Two sisters got cheaper arrangements. 85$ was to much for the two of us. So I called and ask to cancel the service. In the mean time the bill backed up and we were charged and administration fee 35$. We paid the fee even tho they never missed a week. Instead of cancelling they talked me into bi-weekly pick up for 46$. The bill comes, 46$ and a 8$ fuel fee. We kept it anyway until ther bill was back up to 80$ a month. I know gas prices went up but crap. I again call to cancel and they talk me into once a month pick up for 32$. Well the bill comes. 32$ plus a 16$ fuel charge. Where are they taking my garbage? Cleveland.
Oh well we are cancelling for good. They have tried to place the administration fee on several more times I have had to call them. They have taken up to 11 days to cash our checks. Thus the delay. Thus the administration fee. As far as I can tell they have no administration. When I switch to once a month they came every week for 6 weeks. My wife made me call them during deer season because she was so frantic about the once a week pick up she thought we would be charged for. That was the third week of the 6 weeks. Administration my butt.
I hate WM. I think someone else here does to.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yep, you heard this in my text messages earlier:

When we first moved back to Ohio, we hired Waste Management for garbage pickup, as they were $1 cheaper than the next big guy, Allied Waste (I think they changed their name recently). Once per week pickup, and we put a $20 deposit down for the the use of a big bin that has wheels and is the equivalent of about 3 garbage cans. The bin is big and green and has the company logo WM on the side of it.

For the 3 months we used them, approximately 12 weeks, they missed our house 4 times. We always put the garbage out at 7am the day-of, and they usually come in the afternoon. The first couple times that we called them and told them they missed us, they sent someone out in a pickup truck to get our trash. The third time they suggested we didn't have our can out in time. The 4th time we just took our trash to Unk's dumpster and fired Waste Management. They tried to offer us the discount like they did Unk, but we were done with them. I asked when they would pick up the bin, and they told us to leave it in front of the house. After a week I called and asked them when they were picking it up, told the same thing. And the same thing the week after that. And the same thing the week after that. The bin was gone one day, 3 weeks later. Two months go by and we never received our deposit back, and they tell me they have no record of getting our bin.

Fuck Waste Management so much.

But since we went to Allied, they haven't missed us a single time in 5 years. And I like the fact that I have a choice to fire shitty trash services, and not be stuck with a shitty one that the local government says I should have.

And Waste Management has been overcharging Jerusalem Township? That's the sort of thing that should be in the local news or something.

Again, fuck Waste Management.

Edited By GORDON on 1329609879
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We had someone taking our trash for a long time. Then we found it cheaper, so we canceled it. But we procrastinated on hiring someone else. But, we still took our trash out. The old company still took it. I don't know how many months of free service we got. I think we eventually felt guilty and called and told them they keep taking our trash before the company we were paying could take it. I don't know if they ever figured it out and stopped taking it. But, now there's a city wide contract and we pay about 1/3 of what we used to, have a big ass garbage can on wheels and have a big ass recycling can on wheels. We get points for recycling that gets us Amazon gift cards and stuff. But, I find we get points even when we don't take our recycling can out (it's not always full enough to bother hauling it out). So, it's not a perfect system. But, we are getting cheaper pick up on the city plan, plus they buy some of my garbage from me.

I always put non-recyclable stuff in the recyclable can. My wife yells at me. I say "If they are going to invent fake jobs for people to do, then I'm going to give them something to do."

But ya, the city contract has worked out really well for us.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

I haven't seen my buddy the trustee to ask but someone told me Fondessys took over the garbage route, but that Fondessys were bought out by WM.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

We used to just burn our trash. I can't believe my parents trusted me to do that.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Ya me to. That is where I learned how aerosol cans explode in heat.