The State of American Men, today.

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Thought this article had some interesting ideas.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/312729.php

The big problem with modern heterosexual relationships is that apart from the sex, there's really not much in it for men any more. Men have few legal rights over their own progeny; family law for decades has whittled away a man's parental rights to little more than a financial obligation. If the woman already has children from a previous marriage, the man incurs an enormous burden in return for very little gain: in most cases he has no parental rights over the children, he competes for his wife's time with the ex (and the ex's family), and he incurs huge financial burdens but gains very little actual power in the household. A man's sexual life is viewed with suspicion and sometimes disgust by women, who seem to want to train a man's sex drive in the same way they train a naughty dog. A man alone with a small child is a man always on the verge of being accused as a child molester or abuser -- society has made single men afraid to even approach children who are not their own (and sometimes even when the children are their own).
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I happened to see this anti-Charlie Sheen article today that could have been a counter point to the one you posted.

Here's my problem with the logic of the "experts" (bloggers and members of the media) they consulted for their article: If a woman can do anything and/or be anything, then who are you to judge her if she chooses to be Charlie Sheen's fuck toy?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

They're probably just not empowered enough.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Accepting real equality is a bitch for most people because it indeed means, at some level, you aren't special or unique.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."