Wage Gap Myth

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've always held that the wage gap is generally a myth.

It turns out I'm wrong. Women make 8% more than men.

The earning power of young single women has surpassed that of their male peers in metropolitan areas around the U.S., a shift that is being driven by the growing ranks of women who attend college and move on to high-earning jobs.

In 2008, single, childless women between ages 22 and 30 were earning more than their male counterparts in most U.S. cities, with incomes that were 8% greater on average, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data released Wednesday by Reach Advisors, a consumer-research firm in Slingerlands, N.Y.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

OMFG! Women only make 80% of what men make
However, women are major contributors to the economy and "they make major consumer decisions," according to Ellen Galinsky, president and co-founder of the nonprofit center, Family and Work Institute.

"So the prejudices that exist are based on ideas that exist from another time another time, another kind of economy, another type of family life that don't exist today," she said.

Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney. D-N.Y., and chair of the Joint Economic Committee, commissioned the report and is holding a congressional hearing today to discuss its findings.

"What is most startling to me is how little progress we've made even though there's a bright spot in that more women are gaining education, we're closing the education gap but we're not closing the pay gap," Maloney said.

But the report also found that female managers on average in 2007 were younger, more likely to work part-time and had less education than male managers.

So... here's an idea to fix the wage gap:
1) Women, work more, get more educated, and get more experienced.

Solved.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

If women REALLY were paid less than men for the same work, then there would be some company somewhere who decided to have an all-female staff and make MAD PROFITS, yo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:If women REALLY were paid less than men for the same work, then there would be some company somewhere who decided to have an all-female staff and make MAD PROFITS, yo.
srsly. It's amazing how much that simple common sense is incomprehensible to those who have this agenda.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

unkbill

Post by unkbill »

thibodeaux wrote:If women REALLY were paid less than men for the same work, then there would be some company somewhere who decided to have an all-female staff and make MAD PROFITS, yo.
That would be called Hooters. And then I heard they were hiring men. Because of lawsuits and shit. Kind of takes away the whole Hooters thing for me. Not that I go there much but when I do I'm not there to see a dick. Luckily there are private owner dinners like the silver moon in the area where I can romance people that like that sort of thing and spend money with me.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

I as a man have seen more woman on the job. Roofing, siding or just construction in general in the last couple years than I ever have. I don't really care. If she can do the job. God love her. Just another contractor to me.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote:Never shoulda let em vote.
What do you need studies for? I said that 6 years ago, and my word holds much more weight.

http://www.dtman.com/archives_2004q4.htm#20041001_1
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

thibodeaux wrote:Never shoulda let em vote.
From what I read from the post below yours it is good. Prohibition didn't last did it. Couldn't see your link but Gordos jest.