Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

On Saturday I was asked, "What time does the game start tomorrow?"

I had no idea what this person was talking about... I asked, "What game?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Malcolm wrote:Goddamn Saints.
Yep, If they could have held for 33 more seconds I would have won 125$. I didn't mind the Colts scoring just wish they would have waited til the second half.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Troy

Post by Troy »

We ended up playing poker at halftime, and didn't even realise the game was almost over until 3 minutes left.

By then, it was all saints.
Troy

Post by Troy »

McNabb.... what?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I can see Catt smiling from here.

I also wonder where this sits with Malcolm and Unk considering McNabb wanted to go to the Vikings.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Whoa.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I also wonder where this sits with Malcolm and Unk considering McNabb wanted to go to the Vikings.
Would've been amusing to see Donovan play. But, whatever. Five years ago, I would've been pissed. Maybe he's just wisely avoiding in the inevitable Favre situation come August.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Leisher wrote:I can see Catt smiling from here.

I also wonder where this sits with Malcolm and Unk considering McNabb wanted to go to the Vikings.
My fantasy is that Farve comes back. But Pittsburgh may need him bad so they pay up the butt for him. Anybody but Farve for the Vikes.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Troy

Post by Troy »

We might grab cambell.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Troy wrote:We might grab cambell.
The soup?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Malcolm wrote:
The soup?
Oops.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Troy wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
The soup?
Oops.
Either way, you can have him. Although, it's probably a step up from Jake Dilhole.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My fantasy is that Farve comes back. But Pittsburgh may need him bad so they pay up the butt for him. Anybody but Farve for the Vikes.

Favre WILL come back. He just doesn't want to go through training camp.

As for Pittsburgh, not only do they not go out and spend huge money on free agents, but I think Ben will be playing in Pittsburgh this year. Beyond that is a different story. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers move him OR make him become Mr. Community.

If he did get charged, which I think is unlikely at this point, it'd be interesting to see what they do. Do they go grab a free agent (outside of Favre, who's available?), do they grab a rookie in the draft, and/or do they let Dennis Dixon run the show? Remember Dixon had a great game against Baltimore last year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Our front office has probably been up doing strategy sessions constantly since the McNabb move.

Evidently Carolina is Campbell's first choice, which makes sense, as we don't need a QB to carry our team on it's back, with our run game, o-line, and defense all being stout. We just need a solid decision maker, and game manager.

But the front office has already put it out there that Matt Moore was our starter, and our future.

Catt, what you do think? Does Campbell have enough upside to risk screwing up Moore's future?

Edited By Troy on 1270648498
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I would just go with Moore. But if you can get Campbell cheap, it never hurts to have 2 decent QBs in this league. Campbell's good, but hell if he's ever going to be great.
Troy

Post by Troy »

"It's back"

Apparently my post accounted for the fact that we could get a non-humanoid quarterback.

Also, added a random apostrophe, fuck, early.

Edited By Troy on 1270648918
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:I would just go with Moore. But if you can get Campbell cheap, it never hurts to have 2 decent QBs in this league. Campbell's good, but hell if he's ever going to be great.
If you look up the entry for "backup" in the encyclopedia of the NFL, there should be pictures of Jason Campbell & Jim Sorgi. One of them just doesn't know he's a backup yet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
and Cincinnati is gifted a kick return TD despite some brutally obvious blocks in the back in the path of the ball carrier.
This, and offsides on a kickoff, seem to be the two most undercalled events in football.
OMG - it just got called.
Huh. Just saw it called again.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

That sound you heard in New England? That was the collective asshole of the Bengals being ripped open.