The First Obama Term

For stuff that is general.

The First Obama Term

He'll be assassinated before he takes office.
No votes
He'll be assinated in office.
14%
He really is the anti-christ and we're all going to die.
21%
His Presidency will be a failure of Jimmy Carter Proportions.
14%
His Presidency will be seen by history as mediocre.
36%
His Presidency will be seen as a success of Reagan proportions.
14%
He really is the second coming of Christ and GORDON is screwed.
No votes

Total votes: 14

unkbill

Post by unkbill »

GORDON wrote:So... the death panel says no?
Well there is recieving care and there is grasping at straws.
And yes NO.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just as long as we're clear: The government is now starting to draw the line where peoples' lives are too expensive to maintain, and are using regulatory power to enforce it. Now even rich people can't legally spend their own money if the FDA pulls approval for that drug.

This is a very significant point in America's history, whether you want to believe it or not, and there is no way to pin it on George Bush.

Edited By GORDON on 1282004278
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

If rich people want a miracle drug that cost allot, side effecst that are hell and only prolongs life several months of what may possible be hell they have the money to fly out of country and find some quack that will give it to them.
Why do you hate rich people?

Edited By unkbill on 1282047343
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

1) I'm against anyone's health insurance paying for crazy expensive drugs like this.
2) Why should the rich people have to leave the country to get the drug? That's insane.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh nevermind, it's cool. If you donate enough to a democrat, Nancy Pelosi will pull strings for you to get access to the stuff not approved, yet.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedc....9b.html

Pelosi pulled strings to let dying Dallas lawyer Baron try experimental cancer drug

07:42 AM CDT on Monday, August 16, 2010

TODD J. GILLMAN / The Dallas Morning News

WASHINGTON – Dallas' top Democratic donors will cut big checks to share dinner later this month with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Most will be motivated by a desire to protect the party's congressional majority.

Lisa Blue will have an extra reason: to say thanks for Pelosi's efforts when her husband, Fred Baron, was dying of bone marrow cancer. His only option was an experimental drug whose manufacturer refused to give permission to use it for Baron's condition.

"He was a big fan of hers, and now I am as well," Blue said.

Baron, the "King of Toxic Torts," built a fortune suing on behalf of asbestos victims. He died the week before Election Day 2008 at age 61.

A prolific Democratic fundraiser, he served as finance chief that year for his friend John Edwards, who also made his fortune in court. Baron later acknowledged funneling large sums to Edwards' mistress – a scandal that gave ammunition to those who already despised trial lawyers.

{Yeah, not Obama-related, just a followup to an existing line of discussion in this thread)

Edited By GORDON on 1282080563
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So, thinking realistically for a minute, is it really possible Obama wont win reelection in 2012? 99% of all black people will vote for him. 40% of white people will vote for him. A new iteration of ACORN will pop up and tell people to "move" to the battleground states in order to vote there, and oops, you mean I can't still absentee ballot in my home state, too? "Honest mistake."

So really, how can he lose?
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

It's possible, but I think it's more likely that Jesus will come back. And since Obama IS Jesus, and he's already back, then of course he's getting re-elected.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

History has shown that Americans are more apt than not to vote based on their wallets at the moment. Greed still does work for a few things.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Not sure if greed will trump racism, though, and the blind worship.

Obama can still pay their mortgage, after all.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Not sure if greed will trump racism, though, and the blind worship.
Greed is a million times more simpler and most voters are twonks with the attention span of a seven year-old on a Mountain Dew binge. The downside is that you can distract them with the political equivalent of jingling your keys.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

So, what are we doing for a distraction? I'm always up for some anarchy. :;):
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'd guess there is a chance he wont even seek reelection. I don't think he has a stomach for all the criticism, which is why he is out golfing/vacationing all the time.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:I'd guess there is a chance he wont even seek reelection. I don't think he has a stomach for all the criticism, which is why he is out golfing/vacationing all the time.

Oh come on, the last president who took less vacation days than Obama was Clinton.

Didn't Reagan out do him 3x over.

Edit: And after Clinton all the way to JC, apparently.

Edited By Troy on 1282252098
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Don't know a thing about Clinton's or Reagan's vacation days, only the fact that there was entire movie about how Bush was on permanent vacation. Did you research it, or something? "Now watch this drive."

The fun fact I heard was that Obama has clocked X days on the golf course in the last 6 months, and zero press conferences in the same time frame.

And hey, this is the Obama thread.... did you hear about the trip he took to Los Angeles the other day that pissed off the whole city when he caused hours-longer-than-usual traffic jams? And the reason he did it was because he had a democratic fund raiser in which to attend? I wonder how much that cost the tax payer.

And I don't give a shit if President X also did it. It's bullshit no matter who does it. "Oh come on."

edit - Is there some sort of policy in place that the DNC foots the bill for the President to fly around for DNC fund raising? If so, I retract my anger. Otherwise, it is direct usage of public funds to fill a party's coffers. And that's bullshit no matter who does it. Flying the President to LA easily costs millions of dollars.

Edited By GORDON on 1282258701
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Two words: carbon footprint.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

thibodeaux wrote:It's possible, but I think it's more likely that Jesus will come back. And since Obama IS Jesus, and he's already back, then of course he's getting re-elected.
Woudn't that make him the anti-christ. Possible. George Bush'es are gone. Now may money is on Jane Fonda again.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

unkbill wrote:
thibodeaux wrote:It's possible, but I think it's more likely that Jesus will come back. And since Obama IS Jesus, and he's already back, then of course he's getting re-elected.
Woudn't that make him the anti-christ. Possible. George Bush'es are gone. Now may money is on Jane Fonda again.
I remember when everyone was certain Bush was going to reinstate the draft.

I remember when dissent was patriotic, not racist.

I remember when lefties hadn't been caught several times coordinating the latest message in secret.

The good old days.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

According to CBS Radio reporter Mark Knoller – the unofficial historian of White House minutiae – Obama is on his 9th vacation since taking office. As of Aug. 19, “he has spent all or part of 38 days on ‘vacation’ away from the White House,” Mr. Knoller writes. “He has also made 14 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 32 days. It brings his total time away to all or part of 70 days.”

President Bush, at this point in his first term, had visited his Texas ranch 14 times, for a total of 102 full or partial days. He also visited Camp David 40 times, for 123 full or partial days.

“His ‘vacation’ total at this point in his presidency was all or part of 225 days away,” according to Knoller.

Less than two years in, Bush had taken 2/3 of a year of vacation.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Pre-9/11.

He even stopped playing golf in 2003 because he didn't feel it was the correct image for a President to be playing golf while Americans were at war.

And it was a little unexpected to me that this vacation discussion is happening because I said he doesn't have the stomach for all the criticism.

Edited By GORDON on 1282394975
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Can't live up to campaign promises?

Delete them from your website.

I also like how it's pointed out that the MSM hasn't said shit about it. If Bush did this, it'd be a national scandal.

Personally, I'd respect Obama, or any candidate, more if they'd simply say something like "Yeah, I was hoping we could do that, but once I got in the job and saw how things were, I realized that it's not really realistic."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”