Southwest Airlines

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Southwest loves kids.

Three kids, aged 15, 13, and 11 go to the Jacksonville airport and try to buy tickets to Nashville with what one would have to assume is cash.

The ticket agent, following Southwest policy, asks them for ID and proof of permission from their parents to fly. Without both, he denies them and the kids went nowhere, right?

Nope, that didn't happen.

The ticket agent didn't ask for ID or seek parental proof because there is no policy at Southwest for handling kids. The kids wound up flying to Nashville.

I have to assume the ticket agent has no kids because any sane adult who has ever been remotely exposed to children whether it's their own or a niece or nephew or something would know that no parent is sending their kids to the airport alone, with cash, to fly far away.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hmmm. Well there isn't a LAW against kids buying plane tickets...
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

And there shouldn't be, but there should be an internal policy within the airline so a clerk would know in a situation like this to not sell these kids tickets.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

The only thing I see that was done wrong was not asking for id. And that is a law. The kids get by because a guardian is present. In this case no guardian, so it should follow there's no tickets. Guess Southwest is hard up for paying passengers.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Wait, how did they board a plane without ID.

You can't even get through the first airport security checkpoint without it.

Edited By Troy on 1281712521
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Kids under 18 can go through without id. Cuz all terrorists are adults.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

DoctorChaos wrote:The only thing I see that was done wrong was not asking for id. And that is a law. The kids get by because a guardian is present. In this case no guardian, so it should follow there's no tickets. Guess Southwest is hard up for paying passengers.
Nope. Not the way it works. If they are being dropped off by an adult, the adult *may* be checked for ID. But even that isn't a requirement.
It's not me, it's someone else.
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

Thank God the terrorists haven't thought of that yet.
So let me get this straight. Strip search at the terminal but they don't need to know who I am. I usually get dinner first. Rude Bastards!
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
Malcolm

Re: Southwest Airlines

Post by Malcolm »

Passenger interrogated by FBI because he spoke Arabic on a plane.
Southwest wrote in an email statement to The Post that their "Crew made the decision to investigate a passenger report of potentially threatening comments overheard onboard our aircraft. ... While local law enforcement followed up with that passenger in our gate area, the flight departed."

"We regret any less than positive experience a Customer has on Southwest," the statement further said. "Safety is our primary focus, and our Employees are trained to make decisions to safeguard the security of our Crews and Customers on every flight. We would not remove a passenger from a flight without a collaborative decision rooted in established procedures."
Utter horseshit. Your crew acted like ignorant tools who have no business being in a position of authority as high as stewardess.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."