steinbrenner checks out

For stuff that is general.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Might have to cut back on my Calzone intake.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I will always like George.

Sure, one could argue that the Yankees represent just about everything bad in sports, but you cannot deny that the man operated within the established rules. He simply had more money to spent, and instead of building teams from his farm system, he bought teams.

Beyond the Yankees though, George was a Buckeye. People seem to forget that little fact.

The man had a suite in the Horseshoe. He's the one who signed Michigan QB Drew Henson to a minor league deal that meant Henson left before his senior year meaning he wouldn't face the Buckeyes again. The motive there was pure speculation, but it's a good story.

Did you know that Steinbrenner didn't actually want the Yankees? He really wanted to buy the Indians, but they weren't for sale.

You can almost guarantee Cleveland's championship drought would be over if Steinbrenner had bought them instead of the Yankees.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:Might have to cut back on my Calzone intake.
COSTANZA
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."