So, ya.

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We merged, and now we are actually hitting stuff. They are too. So, it's a bunch of random attacks happening at random times on random targets.

At what point do we reel shit in and get organized?

What I'd like to do is get more structured.

1. Board membership and activity is mandatory. This is where info will be centralized. If you aren't a member and reading it, then you aren't informed and aren't able to participate in shit. If you aren't participating, then you aren't any good to us. - This is the main thing that bugs me. No one knowing what's going on. No one, being all the people that don't read the message board.

2. No more random "I feel like taking this" shit. Sometimes that works out, sometimes it doesn't. ALL targets should be a coordinated effort. No matter what. Even if it's a 2k castle that can be taken by 10k zerks. By forcing EVERYTHING to be coordinated between multiple people, it improves the lines of communications. People get used to reading the board, learning tactics and we figure out who's reliable and who's not. The last thing we need are long drawn out plans were the key person launches an hour late. ;-) Practice on the small shit so we know we've get it set for the big shit. Let the newbs hit the small things. I can easily take a 2k castle. Let the newbs do it. One of them steps up as leader and sets the schedule, etc. Let them learn the hard way that their 4k mixed army isn't going to cut it. When it's wiped out, it might motivate them to recruit more/better or at least ask questions about what they SHOULD have had. This will also prevent someone deciding they want a castle and attacking and fucking up any diplomatic stuff that may have been happening in the back ground.

3. Officers have skype (I can't believe I'm saying that. . .). That's where meetings are held. It records shit so if you miss the meeting, you can still see what was discussed/decided. TKV needs two channels. Open to all TKV and officers. I'd like to keep a third for just us. I'd like to be able to talk to Gordon/Catt/etc about accounts, Catt's tools/DB, etc, without anyone else seeing it. Others can have it as well for the general chat, of course. But all officers must have it for meetings and shit.

So, everyone's on the message board, every attack involves multiple people and is planned/coordinated, and officers get skype.

OH, last, but certainly not least. Lock down comms. I didn't like reading HeavyKiller rambing on with Fratricide about how we just all merged to take on AD and that our officers are making sure we are safe and secure. I don't even know what that means. But the last thing we need is some 5k newb trash talking another alliance (like Rozaria did me during the grav shit). No one talks in open chat. You don't say hi, you don't ask what time it is, and you CERTAINLY don't tell another alliance to watch their backs or that their day will come.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

1) Agreed.
2) I think people should be welcome to organize their own assaults. But they do need to take ownership of it. But do yo uwant them to get officer approval, or what? Not quite sure what you want here.
3) Yes. Done.
4) Agreed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wow, your alliance leadership sounds like a bunch of nazis...
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

2. Prior approval? No, not really. If they are doing what they are suppose to be, they will be discussing it on the message board and if we have a bigger strike in the works, or diplomatic shit going on with the target, or whatever, we'll be able to stop it before it's too late. Definitely organize their own strikes. That's how they'll learn. Learn how to properly assault, and learn that the troops they are building may not be the best, and learn that after losing troops, they take too long to rebuild them. Some lessons are best learned the hard way.

Just like Leisher announced he's taking that castle. He didn't ask permission, etc. Just made everyone aware of it. Now, someone else that was thinking the same thing won't attack it as well. Someone else close by can help. It would be cool if he involved others, like Heavy, so they can work on timing, etc. When we go after the big targets, teamwork is going to be important. Best to work out the kinks on smaller, less significant/difficult targets than wait till we hit the bigger, hard, more important ones.

Lastly, given the inexperience level of everyone, I'd want to see every single siege be a learning experience.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've fought in more battles than all you neophytes put together.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I learned not to send my baron in the first wave. Thankfully, I had 2 more waiting in my castle for DeafRodney's cities to go lawless and 1 in the queue.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

What castle is leisher taking?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A small one at 233:576. I've almost got his forces down to the point where I can send another baron.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Are you sending assaults to wipe out his troops?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I scouted him a few times and thought I could send a smaller siege and just take it. I was right, but shouldn't have sent the baron yet.

That castle is mine whether he likes it or not. He's not getting reinforcements either as I don't think his alliance has anyone powerful. Hell, I don't even know if any of them are active.

UPDATE: It's mine. I'm just waiting for my replacement baron to arrive.

Edited By Leisher on 1277486321
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I like how DK is falling in line with our way of life. Sharing info and organized shit. It's almost as if they are happy they are with us.

Plus, they are way more easy to tolerate and hang out with after a few drinks. :-)