The Ring 2 *no spoilers*

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I paid to see the Saturday/9:30pm movie, and I sat in the theater, but I didn't see the movie.

Instead, what I saw was teen social hour.

From beginning to end, four or five non-shushed conversations at all times. Cell phones: "What? Where you at? What? WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU." Darn movie was loud and inturrupting their conversations. The local police, not security guards, came into the theater three times to calm things down.

The icing on the cake, though, was the two kids who looked to be approximately 15 years old engaging in oral sex in the front row of the theater. Little blonde head bobbing up and down in the lap of a thuggy looking black guy.

After the movie let out, all of these kids were waiting in the front waiting for their rides to pick them up.

After the movie, we found the theater manager. He claimed to have no idea that anything was happening. When we said we wouldn't bother paying for movies we couldn't watch any more, he said, exact words, "Well, I can't make EVERYONE happy." He was really concerned about the customer experience.

This isn't a big city. This is the only movie theater in town. I'm at a loss, except to say that nowhere, big city or not, is safe for kids any more.

So, long story short, I have no idea if The Ring 2 is any good.

On a side note, this movie was rated PG-13, which probably explains the kids. Since the movie studios generally try to avoid R ratings anymore in order to maximize revenue, I guess "Illegal Girls Gone Wild at the Movies" is the future.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just received via email:

I want to apologize to you for the poor experience you had at our Jacksonville theater. There is no excuse for our manager's apathy to your situation. I will discuss this with this person and I will make sure they understand what customer service is. We have a responsibility to our patrons to provide an environment free from this "romper room" atmosphere. Although we cannot control when these teens will act up, we certainly can control our reaction to and handling of the situation when it arises. We can and will remove the disruptive teens from our theater and send them home. When possible, we can also talk with their parents and let them know their unruly child is no longer welcome without parental supervision.

I am sending four executive courtesy passes to the address you have provided in your email. These passes are good anytime on any film at any Carmike Cinema. I hope these will, in some small way, compensate you for your devalued experience. We strive to provide the best in quality entertainment and customer service, and we certainly dropped the ball in both on your visit. Again, I am sorry for the poor experience and I will work with our team to ensure it does not happen again and that we properly handle unruly patrons in the future. We know you have a choice and are glad you choose Carmike Cinemas for your movie going entertainment. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Thomas D. Bridgman II
Northeastern Division Manager
Carmike Cinemas
PO Box 391
Columbus, GA 31902-0391
706.576.3450 (Direct)
706.576.3889 (Fax)
tbridgman@carmike.com

Edited By GORDON on 1112057048
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

I suppose *no spoilers* is a bit of an understatement for this thread
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pretty good response.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

I probably won't watch The Ring 2.
Complete spoiler here, if you want to read about what you missed.

I preferred the ending to The Ring 2.