"DarkKnights of Vindication"

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, had you left off the disclaimer, we would have moved forward. Even Catt reluctantly agreed. But that's what I had to go by. Gordon's on board, with disclaimer, Catt's on board, only because he doesn't want to be the one that holds everything up.

Had you said, "Yes, I like this idea and this is my addition to it or how I'm going to participate" and then Catt said "I'm reluctant, but I support it and would like to see 'this' happen." We could have moved forward. But it seemed like it was all being put on my shoulders, and I wasn't 100% sure I was right, so, we waited.

Honestly, I did see this as being a new/different TKV. I fully intended to pick on the smaller and weaker. To be the bully. We've all been doing that. You KNOW you haven't been asking those other cities for the free resources! But I also had no intention of backing down from difficult odds. I LOVE fighting as the underdog. Cause I know I'm smart enough to work through it. But with UO, I didn't have to say "You know what? I think we should war with FS!. They are messing with people at the bank and that's wrong." We would both see it happening. We'd have a short discussion about it. We would BOTH scout out their houses, we would BOTH recon the banks and learn their habits and then we'd move forward. I NEVER felt like if we got our asses kicked by FS!, it would be all my fault. I felt that here.

Lastly, it was mainly you and I in UO. We had people following us, but they were only in it for the kill. If we provided them with targets, they'd follow us to hell and back. Here, we had passive people who DIDN'T want targets. They wanted flowers and friends. :-) Kind of threw a wrench in the TKV works.

I didn't think I was, nor did I WANT to be, supreme leader of TKV in LOU. But I was willing to be the public voice of TKV and keep everyone informed, etc. But I thought we could make decisions as a team. But again, when apposing views were presented, those views were never resolved/meshed together. Talk just stopped.

All that being said, I am happy to SHARE the blame for this merger. However, I will NOT accept the blame if DK fucks us over because MY version of the terms were that NO DK members would hold a position higher than officer in the game. Cause anything higher and they have the ability to kick key members of TKV out of the alliance, and we just handed our whole alliance to DK. So, the fact that they have that power is NOT my fault. :-) But I believe, as much as Catt and Leisher wanted the merger, it wouldn't have happened if I (or Gordon) had said "Absolutely not". But that was not said, and things went forward. I said that I would support the merger, mostly with my silence, cause I don't like them! But they won't know it.

So, this might not be the best direction for the alliance in some people's opinion, but they voted for it with their silence!

Oh, lastly. I said when we all started playing that I hate EA, and if I can ruin the days of paying EA customers and make them leave the game, then, score one for me and my boycott. So, I WANT to be a bad guy in lou.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

1. I was fully and completely on board with your plan, I was just being funny. I didn't realize you didn't know I was funny.

2. Historically you were the guild master. This is the first I heard about you not wantin to be, this rtime. There can only be one guy making the final decisions. I would have stepped up if I'd known

3. The merger decision was apparently made in skype, which I don't monitor. Peeps have my phone number and could have called if my input was needed. My silence does not imply consent, it implies no one made any effort to get my input. Hell, I even have steam on at all times.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We are the little guy.

The people even smaller than us are the non-existent people. Only the top 30 alliances (at most) matter in this game. Everyone else is just a supply depot that you can hit, or not hit. Maybe there's 1 in 1,000 of those players worth shit, but they are the exception.

You wanted war. Let's war. Start picking some targets. Let's learn to get good at this, and then war even more.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've been in a lot of fights so far, maybe more than anyone here. Does anyone want me to lead a fight? If so, tell me who you want and I will deliver it, as long as everyone plays their parts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Fysith wants to target VladImpaler. He only has 1 castle, but we can take it.

Fysith and I have each tried to contact the guy, but neither of us have been responded to.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Where is it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Xorloc is on the tkv forum. That is AWESOME.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Vlad is the most inconvenient target on the map. But worth taking. He's alllllllllllll the way on the west coast. He's plopping down cities at Catt speed. It makes IpNurcamp nervous. I keep telling Ip to do something then. He just keeps mentioning how many more cities Vlad has surrounding him.

I have never cared if I was a major player on the server. Honestly, I don't want to work that hard. I would have been content with fighting DK for many months, and then being wiped out by AD or something. From playing Eve, once one mega alliance forms (AD), there's no stopping it. There will be lots of uprisings and attempts to ally against the mega alliance. But no one will pull their weight, one or two alliances will turn and fight with the mega alliance and others will say they will fight, but will then go off and do their own thing. In my opinion, there's no stopping AD.

Also, what's the difference if we recruit someone for their points, or take their cities? Granted, we can only take their castles, but that's all I really want. I don't care if I have a lot of points. I want castles with good support pumping out units so I can take more castles. And if they just have resource cities, so what? What are they gonna do?!

I also don't care if I suck the game and become the first "Lord of Ultima". Again, I don't want to work that hard. And it's going to come down to timing. Once the alliance has their 8th relic, it will be a race between the other seven to get their town hall built up to level 8 first. I've never had any intention of doing that. I did intend to hold relic cities for their bonuses and because people will be trying to take them from me. I've never had dreams of being the top alliance on the server with a killer score, etc. I simply wanted to fight good fights and win every single one of them.

I don't want to war Raiders. I DO want to war Old Timers. But, that probably won't fly, or, DK will recruit any player worth attacking.

I honestly don't know who to attack now. Badapple? I'm down with Vlad. But that's going to be a logistical nightmare.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Fysith and I are working on Vlad.

Vlad has a scout anvil in his castle, fysith sent 2k, none returned.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

hehe Awesome. I've got 2k I can send if needed.

Also, I'm willing to send units first. All of my castles (except my newest wreck of a castle) are full of troops. Can't recruit any more.

Oh, and I'm at 93% iron capacity. Total, in all cities. So, I have the ability to quickly replace them.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1277260376
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My first zerk city is pretty much full, at exactly 200k. I'm tearing down cottages now to build mills and farms. Working on the assumption I'll just keep it as a zerk village forever.