The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ugh.
Apparently hoping to attract the millions of churchgoers who flocked to The Passion of the Christ -- but who rarely go to the movies -- the Walt Disney Co. has begun to court church groups to secure their support for their upcoming film version of C.S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. According to some reports, the studio has hired a PR firm with strong connections among the evangelical movement and has already seen positive results from the move. Jim Burns, head of San Francisco-based HomeWord, which produces a syndicated 30-minute radio program each day, aimed at young people, told the London Sunday Telegraph: "We are very, very optimistic about what Disney is doing with the film. Our people have seen some footage and it is wonderful from the Christian point of view." The film has also received the endorsement of Douglas Gresham, the stepson of C.S. Lewis, who operates a religious retreat in Dublin, Ireland. "I am a committed Christian and I am very happy with the script," Gresham said.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Boy are they fudging up a good movie. I took me years after reading it as a kid to get the religious angle. To me it was just a good book.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Doesn't bother me too much... as long as they don't deviate from the book. The book was EXTREMELY religious, just not... obviously so. If that makes sense.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."