Career Suicide?

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Jon Voight at Republican Fundraiser.
"We are becoming a weak nation," said Voight, calling Obama a "false prophet." Republicans need to find their way back to power to free the nation from "this Obama oppression," he said.

That's ballsy. Of course, his daughter was just ranked the most powerful celebrity on the planet, so maybe he has the ability to get away with stuff like this? (On a sidenote, the rumor is that her political beliefs aren't too far from her father.)

I like that even the politicians present knew what Voight making such statements meant:
"I’m still just reveling that someone from Hollywood made a speech like that. I hope you’re going to be able to find work after this," said McConnell. "I really enjoyed that."

Emphasis mine.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The guy who voiced Mr. Incredible and was Coach in "Coach," I am blanking on his name, recently said some of the same things, and said he was done paying taxes to this government. When asked if he was afraid of going to jail, he said, "I AM going to jail."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The guy who voiced Mr. Incredible and was Coach in "Coach," I am blanking on his name, recently said some of the same things, and said he was done paying taxes to this government. When asked if he was afraid of going to jail, he said, "I AM going to jail."

Craig T. Nelson?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yes.

There was a Youtube of it recently. He said it on TV.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let me just say that not paying your taxes because you disagree with the policies is pretty much on par with the "I'm moving out of the country if he wins this election" we heard from Barbara Streisand and Alec Baldwin.

Although, if Craig T. Nelson actually goes through with his statement I'll respect him a hell of a lot more than Baldwin or Streisand, neither of whom kept their word.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If rural folk living in backwoods middle of nowhere get armed federal agents when they refuse to pay taxes, I'm sure more public folk would be taken care of.

You don't try to cut the mob out of its cut. It's just not done.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:The guy who voiced Mr. Incredible and was Coach in "Coach," I am blanking on his name, recently said some of the same things, and said he was done paying taxes to this government. When asked if he was afraid of going to jail, he said, "I AM going to jail."
He was speaking to California's taxes rather than the Federal governments'. At least, that's what he's fed up with. Now he didn't specify which taxes he wouldn't pay, but I was assuming he was talking about the state's.

It was on Glenn Beck's TV show.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren