Ballmer threatens to take Microsoft offshore.

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aAKluP7yIwJY
Microsoft Corp. Chief Executive Officer Steven Ballmer said the world’s largest software company would move some employees offshore if Congress enacts President Barack Obama’s plans to impose higher taxes on U.S. companies’ foreign profits.

Yep, I bet Microsoft would absolutely move the top 75% of their techies offshore. But not the hundreds of administrative people who work their HQ in Redmond.... good idea in the middle of a recession. Lets force the biggest companies away.

While we're at it we might as well impose higher restrictions on energy production and make it more expensive, too.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They're just bitter that no one cares about their search engine after they spent Christ knows how much on advertising.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh yeah, saw a commercial... what was it... bing, or something?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Oh yeah, saw a commercial... what was it... bing, or something?
Yeah. bing.com. They've still got no idea how to catch Google. & it'd be hilarious to watch if Google weren't evil as a complimentary hooker w\ a bear trap in her pussy.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."