Training Magic

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

1. What is the best method for training magery?

2. What is the best method for training resist?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Like I posted in the other thread... You do both at the same time.

Make an alt healer, get bandages.

Set up macros for casting lightning/ebolt/flamestrike on yourself and healing at intervals.

By the end of it you should have 90ish resist, 100 magery and 100 meditiation.

It only took me 2-3 nights. As for cost, i want to say 20k? not sure.

Edited By Troy on 1242916764
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I must have missed it in the other chain.

How do you set your macro? What pauses and such are you throwing in? Is the other person healing the whole time?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

I wasn't worried about wasting bandages, so I just healed every 5 seconds or so (whatever the timer is)

I set my macro up to something like:

if mana is less than X (enough to cast the spell)

Medidate X (full med cycle before you can med again, to help raise med, like 7 seconds?)

Else

Cast X spell

target self

repeat.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I had an:
If hits >= 40

So that I didn't kill myself if the healer failed or ran out of baids.

Delays just depend on latency and stuff. Make sure you aren't hanging somewhere where the macro is going too fast and the client can't keep up. I meditated for 10 seconds. Just run the macro and watch it for a few cycles. If you notice it locking up, or "you must wait to perform another action" or something like that, throw in a delay.

I did ebolt from 50 to 90 and FS to GM. I kept doing ebolt even after the magery gains slowed way down so that my resist could catch up. Switch to FS too soon and you never resist it and never gain resistance. No idea on the cost. 20k sounds right, assuming free sheep baids.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Oh, do it at your house, not in town. No resist gains in town.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I did it without the hits thing, and never killed myself, but I had a pretty good healer, too.

I also did the trick where I didn't train eval int until AFTER i had trained everything up, so the damage was a lot less.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I did that too, but not on purpose. Just did magery/medi first.