Cabela's African Safari

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
Gordon probably won't play unless we promise to buy that gay Quake thing.
Hey I'm interested in ET:QW, but now I have to boycott it just on principal. I even have a $25 gift card for EBGames or Gamespot and nothing to spend it on.
Covering for your fear that I'd just whoop on your ass like

an ass whuppin thing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's pathetic. . . next you'll be making the chicken cluck sound. . .

I downloaded the demo and gave it a try. So far, not blown away. Run, shoot, die, spawn. Getting seen and shot through walls alot. I'm assuming that cause I don't see the people killing me or how they can see me. So far, I've been a soldier with the heavy machine gun (or whatever it is. Third option down.) and the rocket launcher dude. I like the gun better.

Can full version people play with demo people? What's missing/disabled in the demo?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know a thing about the demo, missions/punkbuster-wise. I filter out non-punkbuster servers completely. Never been shot through a wall.

Really don't know a thing. I know patch v1.2 added a lot of functionality, but I don't know what version the demo is of.

Edited By GORDON on 1197416623
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Demo is 1.1. I was just saying that cause you said it. You were probably getting owned back then, not hacked. I've just been getting owned.

Discovered the scoped assult rifle. I like that one best so far. The long range sniper earned me most accurate a few times, but the scoped is more fun. Plus the silenced uzi lookin' thing is deadly. I've been playing on a server that likes to stack the teams. We can't win. Looking at the XP for both sides, their worste player has more than our best. Sucky players. That happened round after round after round. Server should force a better mix. Like they do on CS. . .

Early impressions are:

Not being blown away. It's too cookie cutter respawnish for me. It might have more 'depth' than TF2. But it's still the same game.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Still waiting for a date to play Sup Com. Any takers yet?

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1197604602
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm not going to play at 640x480 resolution.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Like I said, we've got to find a game we'll all like and play.

I wouldn't mind trying Homeworld, but I think Gordon would dominate.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Homeworld 2 is a lot less dated.

And I played a bit of the skirmishes against the Homeworld2 AI.................................

They were always easy to beat if you just put guards on their resources. Their harvesters would just blunder right in to get blown up.

I imagine you people wouldn't be much smarter...................................................................................

Edited By GORDON on 1197650519
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote:I'm not going to play at 640x480 resolution.
Ummm. Then don't?

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but I just don't see the perfomance issues you do. And I still think I have less hardware than you do.

This is TA:2 and you guys don't want to play?! Homeworld?! You guys are pulling a Lance on me. Like I said, next it will be Duke Nuke'm 3D!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have played through Duke Nukem 3D in the last few months.

I'd be fine with a Homeworld as we've never tried it and it aged very well.

Truth be told, I'm in a mutli FPS mood, but I can't name a game we're all going to agree upon.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, at least we tried.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:I disappeared from XvT cause I absolutely sucked at that game. Couldn't get the hang of it. You'd fly circles around me even when we were in the same ship. Flying co-op helped, cause at least it wasn't you owning me. But I still couldn't kill shit. Maybe the new joystick will help. But I dunno. I'd be willing to give it another try sometime.
I realized why this line has been bugging me...

I think it means you won't multi any game in which I can beat you.

I'm about to reload XvT again, just because I've never managed to beat the solo campaign.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Nah, it's not that at all! In fact, we didn't really go against each other much at all. Maybe 5 rounds. We were playing the co-op mode. I couldn't even beat the AI. I simply couldn't play that game for some reason.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well, granted, the mission we were doing co-op was the one I've never managed to beat. I was hoping we could tag-team it, but no dice. I guess I shouldn't have let you get frustrated on that one mission.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Damn, had I known shit, I would've brought my copy of XvT back from the cesspool. Never did any co-op play, but I could fucking ace the missions I tried.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We should get everyone here in on it. It's from 1998 so any PC still running can handle it.

Need a flight stick, though.

I believe I know where a disk image of the XvT expansion disk might be.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Closest thing I got to a flight stick is my old Gravis Firebird. & that shit won't even hook up to my laptop properly.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Paul

Post by Paul »

That was a fun game. One of my favorites.
In fact, I remember specifically buying it for my brother for his birthday, because I wanted to play it.

I think I'd load up Star Wars Battlefront II if I was in the mood to blast X-Wings.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eh, that's like playing checkers because you miss the fun of chess.