Request

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ashlie Simpson was caught using a singing aide or tape on SNL.

Anyone have a clip of it to download? The wife wants to see it.

Didn't this sort of thing destroy Milli Vanilli's career? It'll be interesting to see what happens to her. Particularly since her whole career is based on riding her sister's coattails.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Is there anyone out there who doesn't yet know these pop stars lip synch a lot, any more?

What killed Milli Vanilli was the fact they didn't even sing on their album.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Is there anyone out there who doesn't yet know these pop stars lip synch a lot, any more?

I would bet you a majority of their audience doesn't know.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Which superbowl was it... at half time a bunch of rap and pop stars performed, leading up to Aerosmith. Aerosmith were the only peeps actually playing live.

My black buddy in Memphis said once, "Pop and rap stars focus more on the vocal part of the performance, and rock stars seem to concentrate on being really good at playing their instruments." I tend to agree, from what I've heard.

(Garage/Punk notwithstanding. Exception to every rule. Alicia Keyes is amazing on a piano.)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Leisher wrote:Ashlie Simpson was caught using a singing aide or tape on SNL.

Anyone have a clip of it to download? The wife wants to see it.

Didn't this sort of thing destroy Milli Vanilli's career? It'll be interesting to see what happens to her. Particularly since her whole career is based on riding her sister's coattails.

I saw that live. I woke up with an incredible stomach ache, took some antacids, and sat up to watch the end of SNL.

I don't remember hearing her voice at all. The band played, she started hopping... she stopped... she started dancing weird... she stopped... she hopped and danced weird... she stopped... she walked off stage.
The band was perplexed and just kept playing. Just as I began to wonder if they (the man) made the guitar player use a pink guitar or if it was his own choice, the SNL logo came up for a bit. Then they went to commercial.

Just because Ashley lipsynched a performance doesn't mean someone else sings her songs on the album a'la Milli Vanilli. I believe that a lot of bands lipsynch their guest performances (like on Leno, Letterman, etc.). Besides, Ashley isn't considered a serious artist. Everyone knows her career is tightly managed, so this isn't that big of a betrayal.
It's an embarassment for her, but it's not a big deal.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Anyone have a clip of it to download? The wife wants to see it.
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2654002?ifilmp=99

I felt embarrassed for her.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hey, I just checked ifilm before making my earlier post, and my search only came up with two Ashley videos.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I made some calls and got shit done.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Thanks for the clip.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:I made some calls and got shit done.
aka Fark?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I watched SNL last week, and I was almost sure I saw eminem (the moron) lip synching.... but I thought, "Nah, no way. He's been making fun of it too much."

Looks like I was right:

http://www.imdb.com/news//wenn/

Now eminem (the moron)'s Caught Lip-Syncing on TV

Bosses of American satirical show Saturday Night Live were left embarrassed by eminem (the moron) last night when the rapper lipsynced through parts of his two performances on the show. A week after Ashlee Simpson's miming fiasco made headlines, eminem (the moron) failed to keep up with his own guide track as he performed politically-charged "Mosh" and new hit "Just Lose It." This came after guest host Kate Winslet poked fun at last week's lip-syncing controversy during her opening monologue. She said, "I'm thrilled to be hosting Saturday Night Live. I can assure you it is live because I'm hyperventilating a bit. I do however wish it wasn't the week after the Ashlee Simpson incident because now I really do have to perform live." Winslet then showed off her tap-dancing and singing skills - to prove that the show was completely live. Winslet's stint on the show was a hit - she played Norah Jones and a female Dr. Frankenstein in skits on the program. Meanwhile, Saturday Night Live writers further poked fun at Simpson when regular comic Horatio Sanz performed, Ashlee Simpson' you're a phoney...' to the tune of Elton John's "Tiny Dancer."
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

I saw that too, I though for sure he was lipsynching one second, then later on it seemed as if he wasn't....was it something half lipsynched and half not?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

mbilderback wrote:I saw that too, I though for sure he was lipsynching one second, then later on it seemed as if he wasn't....was it something half lipsynched and half not?
All I know is that he had this affectation of dropping the mic to his chest in between lines... and a couple time his voice went right on singing as he dropped his mic and stopped moving his lips. This was in close-ups.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

needs video.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:needs video.
I'll make some calls and get shit done.