Mufasa: The Lion King (2024)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Disney had to turn off comments because people were shitting on it. Also, it had over double the downvotes, so they hid that too.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wonder if the purpose of all of these remakes is to somehow reset the clock on their copyrights.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:53 am I wonder if the purpose of all of these remakes is to somehow reset the clock on their copyrights.
Doesn't impact the original copyright.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Doing live action versions of animated hits is a lazy attempt at catching lightning in a bottle again. They'll argue that they're simply trying to introduce these stories to new audiences, but that's horseshit. First of all, parents share this stuff with their kids already. Secondly, they're redoing Moana, which just came out, so...no.

Continuing to do it over and over and over despite them constantly failing should have their shareholders more pissed.

Iger has been pissing away Disney's stock value for years and somehow still has a job.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”