Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Space is probably an issue in the dense cities, but not in the suburbs or rural. While there's something to this, I think it's more about the inefficiency of our population centers.

The entire world's population can fit into Rhode Island many times over (I believe standing up?).
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:42 am The entire world's population can fit into Rhode Island many times over (I believe standing up?).
Rhode Island is about 3000 sq km. You might even be able to sit down.
lol
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Cool, you build a mega block just outside of Billings, MT.

Let's say the construction crews survive the pissed off locals who are tired of transplants, don't forget you also need infrastructure, and supporting economy for these new people.

China built a bunch of towns from scratch, with the intention of people moving in. They never did. You need stuff to do/buy and housing at the same time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:51 am Let's say the construction crews survive the pissed off locals who are tired of transplants, don't forget you also need infrastructure, and supporting economy for these new people.
Just put all the infrastructure in the building. No roads, just a self contained building you never need to leave.
GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:51 am China built a bunch of towns from scratch, with the intention of people moving in. They never did. You need stuff to do/buy and housing at the same time.
Ship em over.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

MT and WY

HATE

the California refugees. Because there's a ton of them, and they vote to make their new state as shitty as the one they're fleeing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:39 pm Because there's a ton of them, and they vote to make their new state as shitty as the one they're fleeing.
Meh. There's not enough of them to make a difference.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Enough that the town I camped near past summer had no property under $800k, because Californians have driven up prices, and locals were getting priced out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:46 pm Enough that the town I camped near past summer had no property under $800k, because Californians have driven up prices, and locals were getting priced out.
Have they tried not being poor? Maybe they should try communism?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

I suggest we wall California in and make them stop fucking up everywhere else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:03 pm I suggest we wall California in and make them stop fucking up everywhere else.
Capitalism sucks.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

~ French peeps right before they stormed the Bastille, probably
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:37 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:42 am The entire world's population can fit into Rhode Island many times over (I believe standing up?).
Rhode Island is about 3000 sq km. You might even be able to sit down.
lol
The area of Rhode Island (state) is about 3,140 km² whereas the Earth's population is about 7.7 billion people. If we give a standard standing area of 0.4 m2 per person (a tight fit but it works) then they all take up about 3080 km2 which still leaves a comfortable area of 60 km2 left over to avoid certain obstacles etc. So the answer is yes.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:55 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:39 pm Because there's a ton of them, and they vote to make their new state as shitty as the one they're fleeing.
Meh. There's not enough of them to make a difference.
But there will be, plus it just takes one getting to a high enough office to fuck everything up. Look at Scotland and their racist leader who hates white people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:57 am

We could just build + buy smaller housing.
To play off someone else's response, "This is what happens when you build using centimeters instead of inches".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

LOL. I'm picturing 3' ceilings to go with it...