NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:23 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:46 pm The local AAA baseball team.
In terms of famous AAA teams, I think the Durham Bulls are second only to the Toledo Mud Hens.
I think you have that backwards, since we had a movie, and yall didn't.
They're, literally, called "The world famous Toledo Mud Hens".

We had "the" TV Show back when people watched TV. We also were in Major League.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:12 pm They're, literally, called "The world famous Toledo Mud Hens".
Sure, and I'm "The World Famous Catt"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:14 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:12 pm They're, literally, called "The world famous Toledo Mud Hens".
Sure, and I'm "The World Famous Catt"
In the world of DTManers, that is true!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

BTW, just a follow up on a conversation from a short time ago: This year's women's final beat the men's in the ratings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

How is this system misogyny?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I don't know. I do know Brian Grant is intentionally not telling the full story (or just parroting something he heard).

The WNBA doesn't make shit in revenue and has abysmal ratings. That $76k/yr is the rookie salary for the top four picks and it goes up every year per their players agreement. The highest paid player in the WNBA made $242K in 2023. You want to increase that? Get better ratings and draw in more fans. The league is still basically funded by the NBA because it doesn't make enough to fund itself.

I think the WNBA will see a slight bump thanks to these new stars, but it won't be game changing.

Don't feel bad for Clark either. She's already a multimillionaire thanks to NIL. And she's going to become a multi-multimillionaire thanks to endorsements.

And it's not systemic misogyny. Nobody is oppressing the female basketball players. They're paying them in relation to the ratings and ticket sales.

Rhonda Rousey had the best answer to this back when she was fighting and legit the #1 PPV draw in the world:
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Has anyone ever asked them "Where is this money supposed to come from?"

And if so, what was their answer?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:09 pm Has anyone ever asked them "Where is this money supposed to come from?"

I assume "There's no money because of the systemic misogyny!" (duh!)
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Why aren't women's sports watched? When watching the games, you don't really notice they are playing at a lower level, because they are all playing at that level. So you just see a competitive game. I don't watch women's sports, because I don't watch sports. What's your excuse reason?

And why were this year's games being watched? Just because of the hype surrounding Clark?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:09 pm Has anyone ever asked them "Where is this money supposed to come from?"

It has been asked, but I don't remember the specific answers. I do know that Rousey is the only one who addressed bringing value to the people putting on the event. I do know that they often deflect and claim more people would attend/watch if they got the money the men do. So Catt is correct. They blame systemic misogyny.
Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:18 pm And why were this year's games being watched? Just because of the hype surrounding Clark?
Two reasons:
1. Clark
2. Actual story lines Iowa vs UConn rematch, Clark vs Angel Reese rematch, and I think Iowa vs LSU was a rematch too?

That second reason is what's killing the men's ratings right now. There are no story lines anymore. Team rosters change too much. Players portal all over the place. Most of the players are freshmen/sophomores so nobody knows them. Zach Eddy was this year's biggest name, by a country mile, and he's a senior. Nobody knows the players anymore, so they're not as vested in watching.

Clark is driving up ticket prices and interest for the Indiana Fever.

The Fever have the #1 pick and drew around 4K fans per game last season.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Sounds like OSU did indeed tell McCord to hit the portal.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NCAA announces punishment for TTUN...not for "that" yet.

These punishments are for unrelated cheating TTUN was doing. "Integrity!"

Below is the guy who left Bama to go to Iowa, it turned out Iowa was tampering, and the word is he's heading back to Bama. OSU was interested previously, but I've heard nothing about them going after him again.

"Do not contact" means he already knows where he's going.
Meanwhile, Deion is doing a great job...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Deion downplays the 14 players who entered the portal this week.

Deion, it's YOUR team. The buck stops with you. You need to have a better understanding of what's happening, and accept that maybe everything you're preaching isn't being seen by the kids. You've got to backup your hype or eventually kids will see through it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Harbaugh got a 15-0 tattoo.

I wonder if there's an asterisk next to it?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Iowa athletes caught in gambling sting are suing.

I'm ok with GeoComply giving out their locations. If there's something odd going on, that's why they exist and the user agreements seem to cover all that.

What I don't understand is how these athletes were targeted by DCI. Sorry, but I don't believe they came across them in a standard inquiry. Sure, if they were NAMES, like, "Oh, this gambler is Caitlyn Clark. That's a weird coincidence...or is it?" I have a feeling this will be a very argued point in the court cases.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Deion says he's staying put at Colorado.

This is the same shit he said about his previous stop...