Baltimore

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by Leisher »

Cargo ship crashes into bridge and the whole 1.6 mile structure collapses.

Cars and construction workers were on the bridge.

There is video of it at the link. It's a distant view so it's not graphic.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by GORDON »

Balti-Need-MORE bridges.

I wonder if the harbor pilot was driving the boat.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by Leisher »

They said it was "a local pilot", so probably.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by GORDON »

Bad business.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by TheCatt »

This never happened when Trump was president
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:43 am This never happened when Trump was president
If a talking head has not said that yet, they will within the next 24 hours.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:12 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:43 am This never happened when Trump was president
Some days I just want to be a right wing troll just to see what people will believe/follow.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:12 pm
Some days I just want to be a right wing troll just to see what people will believe/follow.
Why right wing? Left wing trolls are just as common and their people just as gullible.

I see Biden said the federal government is going to pay to replace the bridge. Did Baltimore or the shipping company not have insurance? To be fair to him, he also said he rode a train over that bridge many, many times in the same speech.
Psst: The bridge has never had railroad tracks on it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 pm To be fair to him, he also said he rode a train over that bridge many, many times in the same speech.
Psst: The bridge has never had railroad tracks on it.
Yeah he's sharp as a tack.

Thanks Obama.
GORDON
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 pm I see Biden said the federal government is going to pay to replace the bridge.
It better be on an interstate, or we should all be pissed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by Leisher »

Apparently during the press conference a reporter asked why the ship didn't just drop anchor to stop once they realized they were having issues.
GORDON
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by GORDON »

Getting all the info they can to write their article with 27% accuracy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by GORDON »

So, like, does a bridge in the water shut that port down completely? Yikes. Bigger problem than just Baltimore commuters.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:36 pm Apparently during the press conference a reporter asked why the ship didn't just drop anchor to stop once they realized they were having issues.
oh my.
GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:11 pm So, like, does a bridge in the water shut that port down completely? Yikes. Bigger problem than just Baltimore commuters.
Yeah, but the port isn’t that big, and there’s lots of capacity on the East Coast, unlike the West Coast ports. It’s a headache, but not massive. Baltimore is actually a big port for cars, is probably the most annoying part. My Porsche came out of the FL port, but the car hauler stopped at Baltimore, and that’s where the mid-Atlantic Porsches would get dropped.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baltimore

Post by Leisher »

Fun fact: The largest port on the great lakes is Toledo, OH. It's also why it was rumored to be #11 on Russia's nuke list.

The port and Jeep.