Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:45 am Scandal due to a post-win kiss on the lips.
She's pressing charges.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:57 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:45 am Scandal due to a post-win kiss on the lips.
She's pressing charges.
Good. Hopefully this continues to change Spanish society.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:07 pm
She's pressing charges.
You know the very Euro double kiss on the cheeks? Can people claim that is sexual harassment too? That shit is awkward.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:10 pm You know the very Euro double kiss on the cheeks? Can people claim that is sexual harassment too? That shit is awkward.
Dunno the Euro legislation, but I would assume no. But full kiss on the lips? That's easy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:07 pm
She's pressing charges.
He has resigned.
In a statement posted to X, formerly known as Twitter, on Sunday, Rubiales said he had submitted his resignation as the federation’s president and as vice president of UEFA, European soccer’s governing body.

“After the rapid suspension carried out by FIFA, plus the rest of proceedings open against me, it is evident that I will not be able to return to my position,” he wrote. “My daughters, my family and the people who love me have suffered the effects of persecution excessively, as well as many falsehoods, but it is also true that in the street, the truth is prevailing more every day.”
The truth feels pretty clear, asshole.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

"Never without my permission."

I believe only Gordon would get that without Googling?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:51 pm I believe only Gordon would get that without Googling?
Yes. Only watched that movie once.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Rapinoe's career ends in loss and injury.

She says it's proof there is no God.

Or, and stay with me here, perhaps even God thinks you're an insufferable cunt? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Good job Yahoo taking the most inflammatory thing she said to be the title of the article instead of focusing on her career achievements and what-not. Gotta get that outrage up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

To be fair to Yahoo, I think Rapinoe is the one who has taken the focus off of her (awesome) career and put it entirely on her off the field bullshit.
Cakedaddy

Soccer

Post by Cakedaddy »

My son is dating an Italian girl, and long story short, I'm trying to watch soccer. Her dad is a Roma fan. I'm not 15 minutes into it, and there have been 17 fake injuries. This is going to be hard to get over.
Cakedaddy

Soccer

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, one of the performances just paid off. The incidental light contact sent the player flailing to the ground and the 'offender' did just get a yellow card. Thank God there are medical professionals there to address these injuries.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Faking injuries in soccer has gone so as to even go beyond being a parody of itself and is simply accepted as part of the game now. It's ridiculous.

Another negative statement on our civilization: "This form of cheating is so common that we just accept it instead of doing something about it."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

I would red card everyone who flopped.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Fans of some Turkish team storm the field attacking everyone after they lose.

Doesn't sound like anyone got hurt, but man, people take sports way too seriously.