Red Sonja (?)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by Leisher »

Officially listed as "Coming Soon".

Had to post something about it, because it is going to be a massive bomb.
According to its star Matilda Lutz, the upcoming Red Sonja film will be seeking to abandon the “male-gazed orientation” of the heroines’ previous and original adventures in favor of a narrative that is overall “very women-empowered”.
Translation: We're abandoning everything about the character that appealed to her core audience and instead focus on stuff for an audience that would never watch this movie.
the film’s scribe, The Witcher: Blood Origin writer Tasha Huo, teased that the Red Sonja would provide audiences with both stories of “great female friendship” as well as a glimpse into “how women uniquely survive out in the world”.
FYI, The Witcher: Blood Origin was a complete failure on every level and was endlessly blasted for piss poor writing.
Further, though details as to Red Sonja‘s exact plot currently remain under wraps, according to a summation of Bassett’s words provided by Johnson, the film will “be an allegory for more existential questions around the survival of the species in the face of climate change.”
Feminism AND climate change?!?

I hope the box office is ready for the tidal wave of audiences and cash this movie's going to generate... :roll:

Is there anyone in Hollywood with even an average IQ?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by TheCatt »

Believe it or not, men like looking at pretty women, and always have. And, they can kick ass and be pretty. I mean, admittedly the chain mail bikini look is excessively dumb unless your invincible (maybe she is, I know nothing about this character), but still.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by Leisher »

I was definitely not a fan of her or any of the other sexually charged comics, but I do know that if you're using an IP, you need to attract fans of that IP or your project will fail.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by GORDON »

Women will support a fantasy movie franchise headed by a "real" woman just as intensely and fervently as they support the WNBA.

Because the only reason we like things is because we're taught to by the patriarchy.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:48 pm Women will support a fantasy movie franchise headed by a "real" woman just as intensely and fervently as they support the WNBA.
Be careful with those statements. Women's college hoops are arguably bigger than the men's version right now. Not kidding. Better ratings last year and the biggest name in college athletics (in sports that aren't football). Greed The free market has pretty effectively killed the men's side of the sport.
GORDON
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by GORDON »

Supported by women?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm Women's college hoops are arguably bigger than the men's version right now. Not kidding. Better ratings last year and the biggest name in college athletics (in sports that aren't football).
No. No. Maybe.
Leisher
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:48 pmNo. No. Maybe.
First no should be a maybe.

Second no is correct, but Women's ratings are record highs, men's are record lows.

The maybe should be Yes. I know Caitlyn Clark and her achievements. I cannot name a single non-OSU player. WAIT! Eddy, the 7 footer at Purdue. Other than him, absolutely nobody and I'm on ESPN all day, every day. Now will that be true after Clark is gone after this year? Highly unlikely, but right now, she's the biggest name in college sports...again, outside of football.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:18 pm Second no is correct, but Women's ratings are record highs, men's are record lows.
OK, but they were still HALF of the men's ratings. that's a no.
Leisher
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:34 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:18 pm Second no is correct, but Women's ratings are record highs, men's are record lows.
OK, but they were still HALF of the men's ratings. that's a no.
At the time, and I remember this specifically because I hear left wing TikTok news in my home, it was reported as surpassing the guys. I swear I looked it up then and found it to be true, but Google today says no, just record highs vs record lows.
GORDON
Site Admin

Red Sonja (?)

Post by GORDON »

S if the selling point of this movie is "the lead actor looks like the Snu Snu Giants from Futurama," and they think that'll get women buying tickets, the movie will bomb.
thibodeaux

Red Sonja (?)

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:01 pm Had to post something about it, because it is going to be a massive bomb.
the movie may suck but this comic panel from that article is unintentional comedy gold

Spidey's reaction :lol: