Social media destroys civilization!

For stuff that is general.

Tell me what your opinion is...

"Sorry, it's just a tool and it's just too bad. At least we recover in 1000 years."
100%
"Hmmm. Maybe we should figure out how to silence morons."
No votes

Total votes: 7

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think anonymous internet will become akin to the dark web.

Marketers are going to use that IB to track everything you do so they can target campaigns to you. Point being, no site on the internet will be exempt.

Look around the world right now. China basically already tracks all their peeps on the web and the EU has several laws in place restricting free speech. Hell, they're openly feuding with Musk/X over it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm down for 2 internets. Also, get our industrial control software off of it
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:59 am Marketers are going to use that IB to track everything you do so they can target campaigns to you. Point being, no site on the internet will be exempt.
But the beauty is, marketers on the IB web need to identify themselves with the IB, and you can then just block them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:00 am I'm down for 2 internets. Also, get our industrial control software off of it
This is something I was thinking about the other day when I posted that story about the FBI director warning about China possibly attacking our infrastructure.

Just about every plant in the world has their manufacturing equipment separate from their office network. They may connect for internet access, but it's otherwise blocked out and mostly hidden. I think this is what needs to be done the U.S.' infrastructure and NOW.

Remember Y2K? The government hired a fuckton of programmers to get the nation ready for it. That same effort needs to be put into both infrastructure and security.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:16 am Just about every plant in the world has their manufacturing equipment separate from their office network. They may connect for internet access, but it's otherwise blocked out and mostly hidden. I think this is what needs to be done the U.S.' infrastructure and NOW.
Yah. And.... yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Identity Bit would eliminate a group's "winning the propaganda war" advantage. When you saw a person speaking out against situation-X, you'd be able to see the same identity posted 4,000 other posts in the last 24 hours.

Block. Done. Leave the bot-carpet bombing in the cesspool internet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We'd put that one Palestinian out of work. Dudes been in more jobs and films than Johnny Sins.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Reddit files for IPO.

"Hasn't made a profit in 20 years."

How the fuck do they stay in business?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:41 pm Reddit files for IPO.

"Hasn't made a profit in 20 years."

How the fuck do they stay in business?
OpenAI's Sam Altman has invested at least $60 million in Reddit shares and
controls 9.2% of voting power at the online messaging board company.
So they maybe have had up to $660M of investment over the years?
Reddit was sold to media company Condé Nast in 2006 by its co-founders Alexis Ohanian, who left the company in 2020, and Huffman, who now owns 3.3% of the company. According to the IPO filing, the company’s largest shareholders are now Advance Publications (30.1%), which owns Condé Nast, Chinese tech company Tencent (11%) and OpenAI CEO Sam Altman (8.7%).
Ah right, forgot it was Conde Nast's money they were burning too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hasan Piker getting his ass handed to him on X after he made statements implying being a streamer was harder than a 9 to 5 job.

I have always loathed this asshole. He is the epitome of "smug, condescending elitist who tells you how to live your life despite never having had to lift a finger to get where they are". He's Trump as a streamer except without the ambition.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps- ... =108013785

Trump decides banning tiktok would be bad after meeting with a significant investor in tiktok
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If Biden the commentary would be "enlightened people have the ability to change their minds when they learn new info "
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:26 pm Trump decides banning tiktok would be bad after meeting with a significant investor in tiktok
I figured he just didn't want Biden to get credit for it.

Also, "politician sets policy because megadonor asks" isn't exactly an Earth shattering headline.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:22 pm Also, "politician sets policy because megadonor asks" isn't exactly an Earth shattering headline.
But it should be? maybe?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:42 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:22 pm Also, "politician sets policy because megadonor asks" isn't exactly an Earth shattering headline.
But it should be? maybe?
I mean, Ukraine is in the headlines nightly. :D

And seriously, name a politician that isn't taking bribes doing favors for donors. You can't because they don't exist.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:42 pm
But it should be? maybe?
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:55 pm And seriously, name a politician that isn't taking bribes doing favors for donors. You can't because they don't exist.
It's to the point that we actually do expect/assume that it's happening. And now Trump figures "Fuck it. Who cares if they see it?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:01 pm It's to the point that we actually do expect/assume that it's happening. And now Trump figures "Fuck it. Who cares if they see it?"
Because nothing happens. These people take these low $100K paying jobs, walk out millionaires within 2-4 years and the MSM just looks the other way.

Meanwhile, their cultists spend all their time defending their team with one breath and then condemning the other party for the same behavior with their other breath.

It's madness.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

One major issue with social media that doesn't get discussed more often isn't misinformation, but rather how quickly misinformation (lies) are accepted as gospel.

Here's a lying cunt who made a TikTok calling out a business for physically assaulting her and so on. The business started getting threats and was bombarded with negative reviews. The business has since responded with video refuting the cunt's lies.

I hope they sue the fuck out of her, and honestly, this sort of thing should be criminal. She went public with accusations to ruin a business. Is there a section of the law for slander against a business?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:45 pm I hope they sue the fuck out of her, and honestly, this sort of thing should be criminal. She went public with accusations to ruin a business. Is there a section of the law for slander against a business?
I'm not sure what the threshold for criminal defamation is, but I doubt this would be. But yeah, fuck her.