Gender pill

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Saw this tweet this morning. I noticed the wife was saying she was non-binary and this account gets followed by a lot of feminists. I knew the snake would eat it's own tail. The response by Skye is I think the third or fourth comment and you can see she calls the NB a "she". Skye is a lesbian and claims to be a LGBQT ally, yet she gets attacked on all fronts for the pronoun usage. You can click it to see if you so desire, but you know what's there.

"Using the wrong pronouns makes you a literal Nazi" and yada yada yada.

These are not conversations had by people that are mentally stable.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Can you assume they/them when no pronouns are ever declared?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

One can assume whatever they want. For now.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:09 am Can you assume they/them when no pronouns are ever declared?
I guess NB people automatically default to they/them or something? I don't know. I don't keep up with the rules of crazy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:21 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:09 am Can you assume they/them when no pronouns are ever declared?
I guess NB people automatically default to they/them or something? I don't know. I don't keep up with the rules of crazy.
I told the they/them bitch to stop assuming pronouns, it's 2024 - DO BETTER.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Transpeople want SCOTUS to give them federal protection.

Aren't the mentally challenged already a protected group?

Not sure transfolks want SCOTUS to make this ruling because they might have to make a ruling on whether transfolks are sane or insane...

At the very least, they would hear a lot of science based testimony that wouldn't be flattering.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Gynosexual: What it is and what it means.

Translation: It means you're an attention whore. It means that you've learned that you're not the center of the universe, so to cope you pretend to have some weird sexuality. Just being gay wasn't enough, and because it was becoming too accepted, you had to come up with something else. Something that means you have to explain it to people. Now you feel important.

Spoiler alert: You're not.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Reasonable. But at least it wasn't a huge thing
Fewer than 100 young people in England are currently prescribed puberty blockers by the NHS. They will all able to continue their treatment.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

All of the countries that folks here pointed to as who we should copy for trans health have all stopped and/or condemned puberty blockers. Let's see how long that trend takes to catch on here where we are performing gender reassignment surgery on children and there are billions in profits on the line.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

15 year Dutch study concludes that most kids grow out of transgender feelings.

Here's a thought, maybe stop giving them irreversible drugs and surgeries?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:28 am All of the countries that folks here pointed to as who we should copy for trans health have all stopped and/or condemned puberty blockers.
Source? (for "folks here pointing")
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:37 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:28 am All of the countries that folks here pointed to as who we should copy for trans health have all stopped and/or condemned puberty blockers.
Source? (for "folks here pointing")
This Atlantic article points to the "Big 5".
But in Finland, Sweden, France, Norway, and the U.K., scientists and public-health officials are warning that, for some young people, these interventions may do more harm than good.
I don't remember which one, but Finland, Sweden, or Norway was considered "the" example for how to deal with trans children, until they stopped and then they weren't. I'm certain it's here in the forums somewhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Ah, I thought you meant folks here at dtman , not the US, gotcha.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:07 pm Ah, I thought you meant folks here at dtman , not the US, gotcha.
Yes sir. I think the general consensus around here on trans is:
-Leave the kids alone
-If you're an adult, you do you
-I'll be polite, but don't fool yourself into thinking I believe you've changed genders
-You need mental help and our country plus the medical community has failed you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Interesting take

[tweet][/tweet]
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

I feel like we had that discussion when Rachel D was around.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

We did, but we didn't explore the spectrum aspect.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

NAIA bans transgender athletes from women's sports.

That's a big win for biological women.

I love that they didn't bother banning transgender athletes from men's sports. Kind of proves their point...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

According to the transgender participation policy, all athletes may participate in NAIA-sponsored male sports, but only athletes whose biological sex is female and have not begun hormone therapy will be allowed to participate in women's sports.
Seems entirely reasonablee.