ticketmaster

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

ticketmaster

Post by Malcolm »

Claim your vouchers ... you know, once their piece of shit website actually allows you to do so.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: ticketmaster

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I can't get mine to load.

Personally I'd rather have like $8 in cash. I'm so old I'm not doing music festivals any more.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The vouchers are for 2 free tix to "approved events." I'm sure I can find something vaguely interesting to attend. Figure that's about $50-60 after all their horseshit "fees."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:The vouchers are for 2 free tix to "approved events." I'm sure I can find something vaguely interesting to attend. Figure that's about $50-60 after all their horseshit "fees."
So that article appears to have lied.
Ticketmaster was found to have overcharged customers between 1999 and 2013, and as part of the settlement, anyone who made a purchase will be assigned at least two free tickets.
Four whole fucking dollars and fifty cents, spread over TWO vouchers as an extra "fuck you very much."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And even better, TM told me I don't have any vouchers, and I used their website at least 10 times in that time period.

But yeah, these settlements that equate to "here's more of our merchandise at a discount" are bullshit. Gimme cash.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

My wife just told me she got 34 vouchers. If I can find a decent show I'd be willing to make a road trip.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Better article.
The settlement states that anyone who purchased a ticket from the company between certain dates in October of 1999 and February of 2013 is potentially eligible for at least one of three things. The first are codes for absolutely free tickets, which is something that should initially interest any live music lover. Second, there are discount codes available that begin at around $2.25, and depending on the person, sometimes several of those can be applied to one ticket purchase, lowering the cost noticeably. Third, the company will cut off $5 from the price of USPS delivery from a next ticket purchase. The second two options can be used on any event that Ticketmaster is selling passes to, while not every artist is available for the entirely free choice.
Suck a dick, Ticketmaster.
The announcement that a settlement had been reached was made earlier this week, but until now, it wasn’t entirely clear what concerts were eligible for those wanting to trade in their free ticket vouchers for access to music. Now, the company has posted a list of several hundred events in the U.S. that are included in this massive program, though a quick look shows that the offerings are somewhat disappointing. At first, the codes and links didn’t seem to work, and now that the technical issues have been cleared up, the results still aren’t satisfying for many. While Ticketmaster does handle the ticket sales for many of the biggest concerts and most famous names on the planet, don’t expect to find them here. Instead, a scroll down the page shows few well-known acts, with G-Eazy, Rascal Flatts, and Pitbull all coming in as some of the best options.
Have fun going to see your second-tier arena acts, voucher holders.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I got two additional vouchers, good for two tix each. Don't worry, though, in case you thought that means anything. Every event for which they are redeemable has no voucher seats remaining. But whatever, there wasn't a single concert in my state on the list. Suck a dick, Ticketmaster.
Malcolm

ticketmaster

Post by Malcolm »

Since the ticket vendors aren't doing shit about scalping any time soon, some of the more enterprising artists are taking it up themselves.
Country star Eric Church has been battling ticket scalpers for years as his popularity grew and he began selling out arenas. But he’s taken his biggest step yet by cancelling more than 25,000 tickets to his spring tour that were purchased by scalpers and putting them back on sale for fans to purchase.
The part that annoys me the most is the vendors and resale sites are obviously in on it.
In a report last year, investigators in New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s office cited a single broker that bought 1,012 tickets within one minute to a U2 concert at Madison Square Garden when they went on sale on Dec. 8, 2014, despite the vendor’s claim of a four-ticket limit. By day’s end, that broker and one other had 15,000 tickets to U2’s North American shows.

The report said third-party brokers resell tickets on sites like StubHub and TicketsNow at average margins of 49 percent above face value and sometimes more than 10 times the price.
Tell me with a straight face that the broker up there isn't kicking money back to either the vendor or resale sites for looking the other way. Temple of the Dog's entire reunion tour, I mean, every single fucking ticket for every single fucking date for presale and to the general public, was gone in a matter of seconds.
Leisher
Site Admin

ticketmaster

Post by Leisher »

One thing Malcolm and I were in complete agreement on is this issue. Actually, I think we agreed upon a lot except respecting other forum dwellers...I digress...

Had to buy Conan Gray tickets today. (No, I don't know who that is either. In my world there are only two Conans: a big muscular one and a red head.) Ticketmaster's terrible system kept throwing error codes at me until the concert was sold out. Same shit a lot of Swifties dealt with. So I had to go to StubHub, which cost me almost $200 more.

Biden's big decree of fighting fees didn't do shit. I paid $20 fees for each ticket, and FYI, the original tickets were only $29.50.

Want proof your government is bought and paid for? This entire industry is all you need. Scalping is illegal, yet StubHub, SeatGeek, and their ilk all operate completely out in the open. They buy up all the tickets they can to every event and then jack up the prices.

You want to prove to me that government works AND works for us? Fix this.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

ticketmaster

Post by GORDON »

Doesn't Ticketmaster own one of these scalping sites, so in the first second they buy half of them up themselves in order to make the price lower with surge pricing?
Leisher
Site Admin

ticketmaster

Post by Leisher »

I believe you are correct.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

ticketmaster

Post by GORDON »

"Hey congressman, I wonder if I can put your kid through college, and while we're sorting out that paperwork also make sure you never make laws forbidding my predatory practices that will allow me to put your other kid through college as well."

~Ticketmaster
TheCatt
Site Admin

ticketmaster

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:15 pm "Hey congressman, I wonder if I can put your kid through college, and while we're sorting out that paperwork also make sure you never make laws forbidding my predatory practices that will allow me to put your other kid through college as well."

~Ticketmaster
I would support ticketmaster if they put my kids through college. That shit is $$$
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

ticketmaster

Post by GORDON »

Of course. I believe in "fuck you, getting mine ". But when I'm on the wrong end of the stick I will absolutely piss and moan.