Apple sucks

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:59 pm Screw it. Humanity is doomed anyway. Just put me in my hover chair now and WALL-E can take care of me. I'll vote for whomever's game studio puts out the best games.
Then the Chinese will hack us and turn us into the Matrix anyway, and you'll just think you're voting for the best game.
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:14 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:59 pm Screw it. Humanity is doomed anyway. Just put me in my hover chair now and WALL-E can take care of me. I'll vote for whomever's game studio puts out the best games.
Then the Chinese will hack us and turn us into the Matrix anyway, and you'll just think you're voting for the best game.
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."
Right? How many people would kill for steak every day?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Apple hit with $2B antitrust fine by the EU.

What's $2B to a trillion dollar company?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:11 am Apple hit with $2B antitrust fine by the EU.

What's $2B to a trillion dollar company?
It's like 2.7% of their cash on hand. Or 0.5% of their annual revenue. So, yeah, not much, but a little noticeable.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Corporate fines need to be some percentage of their annual revenue. Big enough that it'd piss off Wall St, and thus, make it unprofitable or career suicide for the C Suite to authorize illegal stuff.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

So let's see the chain of events that would have the happen there:

Something something lawmakers are bribed to make sure that never happens.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."