Scams and such

Leisher
Site Admin

Scams and such

Post by Leisher »

Was that spoofed?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Scams and such

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:35 pm Was that spoofed?
Yeah, just a spam message from someone using robinhood's contact data.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Scams and such

Post by Leisher »

No, I meant was the mimicking your company? I thought that was an internal one.

It really amazes me how people at the office fall for spams/scams. We have TWO external tags, one in the subject and another in the body of the message. But because it says "CompanyName Help Desk" they think it's true, even though we don't have any account that says such a thing and the return address is something like "obviouscam@usehfuehfuhfnwkj.rus".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Scams and such

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:48 pm No, I meant was the mimicking your company? I thought that was an internal one.
Ah, yeah, except the "company" is my last name, since that's the domain name.
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:48 pm It really amazes me how people at the office fall for spams/scams. We have TWO external tags, one in the subject and another in the body of the message.
Same. Ours is in GIANT LETTERS WITH A BRIGHT RED BACKGROUND.
It's not me, it's someone else.