taylor swift

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

The movie made $96M this weekend. Not bad for limited showings.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:17 pm The movie made $96M this weekend. Not bad for limited showings.
The theater we were at was doing shows every 30 minutes starting at 6pm (no earlier shows than 6pm were allowed anywhere - part of the limited showings).
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

Wins Time's Person of the Year.

Seems like a no brainer. Love her or hate her, nobody generated more interest this year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:22 am Wins Time's Person of the Year.

Seems like a no brainer. Love her or hate her, nobody generated more interest this year.
Can't argue. Especially not in my household.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I couldn't name a single song of hers aside from "Three Sad Virgins."

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:12 pm I couldn't name a single song of hers aside from "Three Sad Virgins."
That was awesome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

I do not understand the hate for Swift, aside from fragile male egos to see a woman whose young and beautiful become uber successful.

I further do not understand anyone that thinks, "Let's bad mouth her because that will go well for us."
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I think it's getting blown up. .5% of people who have an opinion does not mean "rage against taylor swift." It's the same .5% of mentally ill people everywhere.

BUT.... it's something for the DNC PR peeps to latch on to.

Identity Bit would fix this.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:51 am I think it's getting blown up. .5% of people who have an opinion does not mean "rage against taylor swift." It's the same .5% of mentally ill people everywhere.
I agree it's a smaller percentage of people than what you're lead to believe. There are people who benefit from pushing particular messages, and they're going to push them.

That being said, I do see guys bashing her from time to time on my feed, and I just laugh at their stupidity.

"She sucks and her music is terrible."

Here's a woman who plays multiple instruments, writes her own songs, sings, and has turned that into over $1B dollars. She did it while getting groomed by a predator and being taken advantage of by music industry scum. Oh, and her library is vast, contains multiple hits, and her songs don't all sound the same. Yep, sounds like she's just awful.

Why don't these jackasses just say, "She's not for me."

Respect must be given when due or the lack of respect says everything about you.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I couldn't name and wouldn't recognize a single song she sings. But she's making bank and has a shitload of fans so she must be doing something right.

My guilty pleasure was always Madonna. I know to not throw stones.

Identity Bit would not only make it easier to recognize the paid shills, but it would also allow you to block that .5% of insane people. The entire world would become brighter overnight.

IB FTW.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

Madonna has some awesome songs. She's also a narcissist who can't accept that her time is gone. One of my best Pandora stations is "Madonna Radio" I created for my wife, but I've cultivated it into a pretty great 80s/90s station. Just because she's batshit now doesn't mean her talent gets erased.

Michael Jackson was so talented that the majority of people would admit he was very likely a pedo, yet they can't help but sing along and move to most of his songs.

As for Swift, I have three daughters and a wife, so I've heard a lot of her music. (Catt's going to relate.) She has some excellent songs, and some I could do without. Right now in my phone's playlist, courtesy of my daughters, are "Epiphany", "All of the Girls" (my fav of her songs), "The Lakes", and "...Are you Ready". All good songs, but none of them sound alike. Epiphany and The Lakes are the closest, but the other two sound nothing like the rest. Taylor definitely isn't AC/DC.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I'll probably recognize her when the next Girl Talk album comes out.

Assuming Swift's people don't instantly sue him out of existence.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

I think Girl Talk stopped doing albums. Last one was a decade ago?
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I haven't looked in at least that long.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

She announced a new album last night.

I knew immediately because I had a crying (with happiness) teenage girl run downstairs to inform me and Twitter immediately exploded.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

What do Taylor Swift and Elon Musk have in common?

GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Uh oh.

I predict a change in the tracking rules.

I think if I were super rich I'd have three private train cars taking me everywhere, ala Carol Tunt.