Amelia Earhart found?

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Re: Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Malcolm »

I thought that was settled years ago.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

Apparently not.

They do mention that years ago some doctor said it was a man's skeleton, but that was recently found to possibly be false.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Vince »

The amount of Globe type stuff cropping up on some of these more mainstream cable channels is bothersome. My wife wants to watch one on whether H H Holmes was Jack the Ripper. I need to get her to read one of John Douglas' books so she can see how unlikely this is.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Malcolm »

There's no hard evidence HH was Jack. Zero. That documentary is a cash grab turned into a shitty TV series.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 am
I'll just accept this, and let's move on...
Just when you're ready to move on...

Her plane might have been found.

No idea if it's near that island.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by TheCatt »

I also accept this, and that she crashed twice, and am ready to move on...
Leisher
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

I fully expect that at some point in the future there will be a story where they've found her plane on the moon or something.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:19 am I fully expect that at some point in the future there will be a story where they've found her plane on the moon or something.
I also accept that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by GORDON »

She should have gotten off the mothership at the end of Close Encounters.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Amelia Earhart found?

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:58 am She should have gotten off the mothership at the end of Close Encounters.
I want to say some TV show or movie did this very thing.