Today I Learned

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today I Learned

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:58 pm If you tell them and they're fine with it, no problem. However, I would wager there are more examples of shitty work like Catt pointed out then of excellent work like you posted.
I agree here. In fact, my current employer required disclosure of outside jobs, and I told them, and they said "OK"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today I Learned

Post by Leisher »

Coca Cola had a product called Beverly.

It is called "the worst soft drink in the world".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today I Learned

Post by Leisher »

Videos I have enjoyed on YouTube in the past are watching black people learn the Bee Gees and Righteous Brothers were white. The videos are usually cute, but a bit racist. They are shocked white people can sing in those ranges and "sing soul".

Well, today I did a racism. There's a group from the 50s or 60s called the Skyliners. I have two of their songs in my playlist because I grew up listening to that era. So my playlist ranges from Beethoven to The Skyliners to Garth Brooks (only 1 song and you know what it is) to Metallica to Big Daddy Kane, etc.

Anyway, "Since I Don't Have You" comes on and I had to grab my phone to place a call and I look at the screen. They're fucking white. I had no idea. I made the assumption they were black because of how their voices sounded.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”