Generation Z Lazy

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by TheCatt »

Says Jodie Foster
The Oscar-winning actress gave an interview to The Guardian in which she described an observation she’s noticed among some members of Gen Z – the group born after 1996 and through 2010 – who she has worked with.

“They’re really annoying, especially in the workplace,” Foster said. “They’re like, ‘Nah, I’m not feeling it today, I’m gonna come in at 10:30 a.m.’ Or, like, in emails, I’ll tell them this is all grammatically incorrect, did you not check your spelling? And they’re like, ‘Why would I do that, isn’t that kind of limiting?’”

Foster, a former child actor herself, had some life advice for younger artists, saying,”I do a lot of reaching out to young actresses. I’m compelled. Because it was hard growing up.”
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by GORDON »

I blame the growing acceptance of AAVE.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:36 pm I blame the growing acceptance of AAVE.
That plays a role, but I think a stronger impact is being made by technology. Typing conversations sucks ass, which leads to shortcuts.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:54 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:36 pm I blame the growing acceptance of AAVE.
That plays a role, but I think a stronger impact is being made by technology. Typing conversations sucks ass, which leads to shortcuts.
ikr?
GORDON
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by GORDON »

If you guys were hiring for a position that was responsible, in part, for how much money the company made, would you hire someone who interviewed with the "nah fam no cap on god" diction?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:34 pm If you guys were hiring for a position that was responsible, in part, for how much money the company made, would you hire someone who interviewed with the "nah fam no cap on god" diction?
Well, I hire people. And, I've never interviewed anyone who talks like that. So, no experience, but also doubtful.
GORDON
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by GORDON »

All I'm saying. For now, being able to communicate clearly and coherently is still a general sign of intelligence.

I see that going away.......... but perhaps not by anyone who matters.

The guy with the full face and neck tats is probably going to never, as they say, cure cancer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:49 pm I see that going away.......... but perhaps not by anyone who matters.
I feel like people said the same thing about texters/IMers 10-20 years ago. I think overall for most people it's not really an issue. But, I'm an optimist.
GORDON
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by GORDON »

Did texters 10 years ago claim it was a valid dialect, and you're racist if you have a problem with it, and a public platform on which they can tell a billion people how racist you are because you speak in complete sentences?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:03 pm Did texters 10 years ago claim it was a valid dialect, and you're racist if you have a problem with it, and a public platform on which they can tell a billion people how racist you are because you speak in complete sentences?
Fair, but I see the fr no cap stuff from texters. I guess I really just don't interact with many black people. Probably because I'm racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:33 pm Probably because I'm racist.
I mean, you are white.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Generation Z Lazy

Post by GORDON »

You all just have white privilege.

fr fr