Just Florida Being Florida

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't like the idea of pubic schools, which are the government, having their fingers in children's' sexuality at all, or gender identity, any more than they should have opinions about religion. At the most, in human sexuality class (which usually already exists in schools for kids 12-13ish), there should be "some people don't end up with the usual male/female definitions, and that's fine. They're free to find their own way without any of us trying to hinder them. But here's the only way babies can be made, in case that becomes your thing."

I absolutely did not like what I heard about schools having the rights given them to transition a kid without parent's knowledge.

SO, whereas I think Governor DuMbfuck overstepped with the "don't even admit such things exist in school," I like even less the weaponized government overreach.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:17 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:22 pm What's to root for?
Disney's fight against Florida's oppression. You cannot teach anything related to sexual orientation or gender through HIGH SCHOOL. that's fucking absurd.
Like I said, Disney isn't fighting that fight. They were appeasing employees. As you said yourself, they don't care about you, just your money.

As for the new law passed around April 19th, 2023, which is important to point out because it's not the law that started this whole thing (so let's not move the goal posts), I completely disagree about sexual orientation.

The other part isn't gender, it's gender identity. Considering the number of detransitioners who are discovering that they weren't "trapped in the wrong body" just gay, the lack of long term studies, and how many other first world nations are also banning including children in this stuff, I'd say let's maybe hold off on pushing the concept on kids until we know what the hell we're talking about.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I need a translator.

Someone please read this article and then tell me what isn't being taught that the critics want taught.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Car windshield repair causing a crisis in FL insurance markets.

This seems like a super easy fix. Insurance companies can simply add to their policy that they will only cover windshield repairs and replacements from dealers or whatever reputable shops they approve.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

"We will reimburse up to $X"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

FL makes big changes to their alimony laws.

Feminists, famous for "not needing men", are BIG mad.

Feminist website grinds up the hype machine to claim this is violence against women.

They may have one solid point IF the "new relationship" piece plays out as they say (although still not actual "violence"), but as we've seen with claims about "Don't Say Gay", the "book bans", and FL's Covid response, what we hear from the left about a red state isn't always super accurate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not sure where else to put this...

TLDW: The new law requires elected officials to basically disclose their finances.

The best answer constituents should give them, "If you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear!"

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Sunshine = disinfectant and all that jazz. We should be super sure our politicians are only legally corrupt.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:23 pm We should be super sure our politicians are only legally corrupt.
A start is a start.