NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Man, same tactics as those French farmers. Disgusting!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

31 other NFL teams would have fired Tomlin years ago.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:07 am 31 other NFL teams would have fired Tomlin years ago.
he's playing chess, not checkers!

Or something, I dunoo
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:07 am 31 other NFL teams would have fired Tomlin years ago.
Not Tomlin's fault. Still a great coach
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

You know how hard it is to thread the needle between "winning season" and "playoff team" but only hit the first one? Well, Tomlin's doing it. Another winning season, WITHOUT a playoff loss, and a better draft position to boot!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:33 pm You know how hard it is to thread the needle between "winning season" and "playoff team" but only hit the first one? Well, Tomlin's doing it. Another winning season, WITHOUT a playoff loss, and a better draft position to boot!
One of these days Alice...
Stranger wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:41 am
Not Tomlin's fault. Still a great coach
Explain the logic behind this statement.

Is he responsible for the coaches he hires? Isn't he responsible for keeping Canada so many years? Isn't he responsible for not making a change in the offseason when every football expert said it was desperately needed? Isn't it his fault that he finally had to do it midseason and now he's stuck with an interim? He's the one who promoted the current DC who was going to call an all out blitz on the last play of a one score game earlier this year instead of sticking a bunch of players on the goal line, which made Micah have to scream at the guy to call a timeout and get the proper defense in place. Doesn't he have a responsibility for how the roster is built? He is directly responsible for picking several Maryland players (all busts) and hiring Canada away from Maryland. Isn't he responsible for putting poor passer Mitch Trubisky as the number 2, while cannon arm Mason Rudolph sits at 3? He is why we have Kenny Pickett. Isn't he responsible for in game decisions like when to go for it, calling TOs (especially when they have to take them because there are too many men on the field, etc.), the overall gameplan, etc?

Outside of being a coach the players love and giving cliche filled speeches, please tell me what he's good at. How many times have you seen a Mike Tomlin team show up prepared to play and blow a team off the field? I promise you that you've seen his team show up unprepared and get blown off the field far, far more often.

And why wouldn't the players love him? He lets them get away with murder. His locker rooms are known for their lack of discipline.

The Colts, Bengals, Seahawks, and Ravens are the rest of the season. Losing to 2-10 teams back to back puts the Steelers at 7-6 instead of 9-4 where any competent coach would have them.

"But he's never had a losing season!!!" said people who don't seem to understand the goal of an NFL team.

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:19 am In my secondary league it's me vs another dude for the 4th and final playoff spot. It comes down to Etienne (me) vs Jax's kicker (him). Etienne doesn't get as much work because of his ribs. Game ends 113-113. My bench scores 42, his 15, but that's not the tiebreaker because there isn't one. My second tie. His too. 6 ties total in the league this year.

Instead of me taking the lead for that last playoff spot, he maintains it.
I found out I was wrong. Well, both me and the ESPN site. I was told to ignore the playoff odds, it's the top two teams in each division.

Got a call today from the other guy at 6-5-2 in my division and he said it's down to the two of us for 2nd place and a spot in the playoffs. I confirmed with the league commish.

I play a guy who is 4-9, but scored 141 points last week. He plays a guy that is 10-3.

I have head to head wins against every team in the playoffs...

If I could, I'd wager I lose this weekend. (I think I still get in on a tie breaker though...?)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

My opponent started an RB who was injured (Stevenson)
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:51 pm Explain the logic behind this statement.
"If I want to set Leisher off on a tirade, what could I say. . ."
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:13 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:51 pm Explain the logic behind this statement.
"If I want to set Leisher off on a tirade, what could I say. . ."
Truthfully, the only defendable statement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

My fantasy team is shitting the bed today. Just wow.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's not the playoffs yet though, right?

I'm in dog fights in both leagues.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:23 pm It's not the playoffs yet though, right?

I'm in dog fights in both leagues.
Nah. Only thing left is the 1st seed or 2nd.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Jets + Bears won on the same day. Whoa.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Flacco, eh?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Chiefs criticize refs after TD overeturned.

Sorry, but even I noticed that dude was offsides before the play began, why didn't he? It was egregious.

Was a cool play otherwise though. But as for this:
Still, Mahomes called the play made by Kelce "a legendary moment."

"That's something that only a couple of people in this world would even think about doing,'' he said. "For him to make that play in that moment, making the catch, making a couple dudes miss and throwing the ball across the field to another guy and scoring a touchdown in that moment, I hope they still show it whenever he goes into the Hall of Fame, because that's a legendary moment that we didn't get to really witness.''
Literally every kid ever playing football has thought about doing this play. And probably tried in pick up games or touch football or such.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:06 am Sorry, but even I noticed that dude was offsides before the play began, why didn't he? It was egregious.
100% agree. The rules are the rules and while I get Mahomes is just pissed about the play it wiped out and defending his guy, he needs to shut the fuck up. Nobody outside of KC agrees with him on this and then to make his post-game chat with Allen just a bitchfest about the call. Mahomes has lost a ton of respect in the eyes of fans.

As a WR, I was never called offsides. You know why? Because I was taught to simply look to the ref on that side and ask, "Am I ok?" You could either say it or simply hold your hand out to the official (non-verbally asking), which you see a LOT of WRs do at every level.

The ref will tell you to move back, move forward, or you're good. I have a vivid memory of officials who would give me a thumbs up or use their hand to tell me to skooch forward or back.

Plus, you can simply look at the ball to see where you are in relation to it. For example, this is lining up offsides:

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

AB wants to retire a Steeler.

I'm torn. Yes, everything big in his career happened here. However, he's not exactly a stand up citizen these days. In fact, he's probably the poster child for CTE considering he went bananas after the Burfict cheap shot on him.

I'd support it or if they chose not to. Whatever.

Also, after the historic two game losing streak to 2-10 teams, both in PIttsburgh, I'm happy to report that the number of people openly discussing how the Steelers need to move on from Tomlin has grown a good percentage.