Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you didn't see it, this is the best of Drinker's videos and he absolutely nails this topic.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Know what this reminds me of?

A while back on some other forum some woman was talking about how if she was going to compete with the male managers in her job, she had to learn to be "aggressive" like them and the big problem with that was that when she became "aggressive" like the male managers, people just called her a bitch and the whole world was misogynist.

I told her she was dead wrong, "aggression" is not a leadership trait, it isn't even in the Marine Corps list of leadership traits, and if any man came at me as "aggressive" on a job it would probably lead to a fight, or at least an HR call. I told her she had to reevaluate what being a good leader actually meant. She didn't like that and called me a misogynist gaslighter.

A lot of women have no idea what makes an effective leader, and they don't know how to portray one on the screen.

A lot of men don't either, but men don't pull the "you just hate women" card over it.

"No I don't hate women, but you're so stupid and shitty you're making me reevaluate my beliefs."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But basically I'm just trippin? Did I dream all that stuff I thought I heard about the movie?

Seriously, the last 20 minutes I was trying to figure out when they were going to revisit the "giant rolling ball chasing indy" scene. I have an actual memory of a trailer scene with them fucking with the booby trap mechanism.

The credits of this movie rolled and I was completely confused, wondering if there was another movie or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I remember when Major League came out. The trailer had a joke about Yellowstone being a park a home run wouldn't have sailed out of. It didn't make the movie, but I remembered that joke. Other people did not remember such a thing. Years later in some extra special 25th anniversary DVD I got confirmation that I didn't imagine it. The joke was in there and had indeed been in the trailer.

Anyway, you're not tripping:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This tells me there were major rewrites, late in the game. Because not only was that scene cut, but there wasn't even a plot element at all of them tripping through time doing that stuff.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

A friend of mine works at a company that makes trailers and basically they got a whole bunch of footage well before the movie ever comes out and they just do what they can. Lots of things change before release
It's not me, it's someone else.