The Flash (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by GORDON »

Much delayed because of DC incompetence, and Ezra Miller's going off his meds.

I'm on team Ezra, because he's clearly mentally ill and doing the best he can. His antics probably got supported by a studio figuring "any exposure is good exposure." Then Ezra went BeYond and suddenly the studio was like "fuck."

Anyway, I liked this movie. Better than any other DC movie except Cavill's Superman. Copying Marvel with going heavy on Multiverse plots. I feel like in the timeframe where they were deciding if they could just shelve the $200M they spent on the movie, they decided to not polish the CGI. Many, many scenes could have been in a PS2 (TWO) video game cutscene. So if you can live with that, this movie is worth watching.

2.5 hours long, and it felt like it went quick. Never once checked the clock. That's good.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by GORDON »

Also there's a fairly subtle nod to Kevin Smith in one scene.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:39 am Also there's a fairly subtle nod to Kevin Smith in one scene.
Is it someone who cannot fit on an airplane seat? Oh wait, he lost weight eventually.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by GORDON »

Nope! More directly traceable to KS.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:22 pm Nope! More directly traceable to KS.
Pretty sure I know what you're referring too. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard rumors.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by Leisher »

Just started watching. I'm not 10 minutes in and Ezra says, "You should seek a mental health official. The Justice League isn't good at that yet. Trust me."

This movie was made BEFORE his insanity, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by Leisher »

It was entertaining, but also very meh.

I did enjoy the shoutout to Kevin Smith as Gordon discussed. I wouldn't call it subtle though.

I also liked the Russia twist (although Red Son is better).

Funniest moment is the lasso of truth.

This universe doesn't exist anymore though. WB is just releasing these films to make back their production and marketing money, and in this case, they failed. It's been reported that it would have made WB more money if they had simply shelved it and written it off.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by GORDON »

It was subtle in the sense that to get it, you have to know about an obscure Kevin Smith (Netflix?) Thing from like 10 years ago. No one else will understand.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Flash (2023)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:16 am It was subtle in the sense that to get it, you have to know about an obscure Kevin Smith (Netflix?) Thing from like 10 years ago. No one else will understand.
Fair, although I wouldn't say "obscure". He's released like 5-6 of those things. They have to sell well enough for that.