Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As the kids say, this was cringe.

From start to finish it's just cheesy, bad dialogue and a terribly written plot. Unless you're 6, then it's the height of entertainment.

This is set in the 90s which results in sooooooo many franchise spanning plot holes.

This is just not a good movie, although the final scene is a cool setup for the next film.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I also just watched it.

Who writes these? I liked the first one. I don't remember hating the second. After that, just complete trash. Awful to watch and listen to. Also, this one is pretty woke.

I couldn't figure out the time period until late. They kept referencing things as if in the past, but a lot of Pete's catch phrases were current, and not said back then. It's almost like they let him ad-lib and he was just himself.

Prime: I never should have let the human get the item.
5 minutes later
Prime: Letting the humans get the item is a good plan. (Never mind this is a repeat of plan that I was bitching about 5 minutes ago.)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:56 am but a lot of Pete's catch phrases were current, and not said back then.
That happened a lot.

They just simply don't give a fuck about details anymore and then wonder why audiences are skipping theaters.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”