Maui

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Maui

Post by Leisher »

The land grab is on.

I am hearing a lot of terrible things:
-Some official (Hawaiian born) refused to release water to the fire fighting efforts.
-Insurance companies are not covering some (all?) victims.
-Companies have already swooped in offering money to buy land.

Etc.

And yes, I've already seen the conspiracy theory that this fire was intentional to get people off their property, bankrupt them, and then buy their land away.

The intentional part is the conspiracy theory because a natural disaster wiping out the local populace in paradise is obviously going to attract vultures who will see an opportunity to make money. Beautiful land that they can turn into resorts, condos, etc.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Maui

Post by GORDON »

I saw those conspiracy theories like a week ago. Hmmm.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Maui

Post by Leisher »

Looks like it might have been triggered by a tree falling onto a power line. They say this would be the first time ever such a thing was filmed.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Maui

Post by Leisher »

We have a word for people who still support Trump. They're called Trumplicans.

We need a word for people who still support Biden.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Maui

Post by TheCatt »

Dude he's just praying for the victims!
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Maui

Post by GORDON »

He's concentrating really hard about how he's going to fix college debt, unaffordable health care, and the homelessness crisis.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Maui

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:58 am We have a word for people who still support Trump. They're called Trumplicans.

We need a word for people who still support Biden.
Bah.

I was right.

Leisher
Site Admin

Maui

Post by Leisher »

Great, he's not asleep, he just doesn't know where he is... :D

To be fair, he has 100% fallen asleep in previous meetings on video, and him falling asleep is believable. Those things should not be true, no matter if the video was taken out of context or not.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Maui

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:43 pm
Dude's jetlagged!
Leisher
Site Admin

Maui

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:44 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:43 pm
Dude's jetlagged!
Tell him to stop lunching with Hunter's "business associates". That should free up a lot of his schedule.