Subway

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:33 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:22 pm End of the day, their bread is loaded with wood fiber and sugar, both proven in court. Their chicken was 40% tofu or something like that. Is it really a stretch to think they're fucking with the tuna?

Fuck Subway.
You're exaggerating. First off, most commercial bread has wood fiber (cellulose, look for it) and sugar. Second, the DNA testing for the tuna + chicken was probably garbage.
Only slightly.

Subway got in trouble for the wood fiber previously. Got nailed by a Euro court who said their bread had too much sugar to be legally called bread.

Then the chicken failed a DNA test.

Now the tuna.

Fuck Subway.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Subway

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:54 pm Got nailed by a Euro court who said their bread had too much sugar to be legally called bread.
In Ireland. How often do you buy ice cream that it actually says "ice cream" instead of something like "frozen dessert"?
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:54 pm Then the chicken failed a DNA test.
Because cooked proteins don't DNA test properly.
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:54 pmNow the tuna.
Because cooked proteins don't DNA test properly.
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:54 pm Subway got in trouble for the wood fiber previously.
Everyone does it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Subway

Post by GORDON »

I'll not completely break up with Subway. I won't have a relationship with it, but a couple times a year I'll call it for a booty call.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:56 pm How often do you buy ice cream that it actually says "ice cream" instead of something like "frozen dessert"?
I always look out for that bullshit. I will not buy "frozen dessert" or anything like that.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:56 pm Because cooked proteins don't DNA test properly.
I am aware. I am also aware that there are some things you don't need DNA tests to prove and no other chain seems to get this sort of attention.

I am also acutely aware of how the corporate world operates and if there's a way to give us something cheaper, they will, even if it means we might get cancer.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:56 pm Everyone does it.
And when anyone else gets in trouble for it, I will say fuck them too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Subway

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:34 pm I will not buy "frozen dessert" or anything like that.
So you never get "cookies and cream" or any of those ice creams with other things added? Your poor kids!
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:34 pm I am also aware that there are some things you don't need DNA tests to prove and no other chain seems to get this sort of attention.
Someone picked on Subway, with bad science.
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:34 pm I am also acutely aware of how the corporate world operates and if there's a way to give us something cheaper, they will, even if it means we might get cancer.
OK, but no different here.
GORDON
Site Admin

Subway

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:34 pm I am aware. I am also aware that there are some things you don't need DNA tests to prove and no other chain seems to get this sort of attention.
Taco Bell did.

I think lawyers often look for paydays. If they can get a settlement or class action, they're set.
Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 pm So you never get "cookies and cream" or any of those ice creams with other things added? Your poor kids!
Cookies and cream anything is fucking gross.

We tend to feed our kids in a healthy manner. We'd prefer they don't get diabetes. :D
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 pm Someone picked on Subway, with bad science.
Multiple times and from multiple sources in multiple countries.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 pm OK, but no different here.
Depends on the percentage. Has McDonald's lost the ability to call their burgers "burgers" in court?
GORDON wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:13 pmTaco Bell did.
Rightly so. Although, I think the "reasonable expectation" defense of Yobagoya was based on Taco Bell's earlier days.

"I can eat like a king for $3 at Taco Bell!"

There's a reason for that, and have you noticed those days are over?
GORDON
Site Admin

Subway

Post by GORDON »

.... but the lawsuit was dropped after it was determined the taco bell accusations were bullshit?

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/restaur ... ed-6536195

And TB low-key became the healthiest fast food out there, during that time:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/hea ... taco-bell/
TheCatt
Site Admin

Subway

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:50 am Cookies and cream anything is fucking gross.
:x :o :x :o
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:50 am We tend to feed our kids in a healthy manner. We'd prefer they don't get diabetes.
Kids can eat most anything as long as there's enough vitamins in there, and they aren't getting fat.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:50 am Multiple times and from multiple sources in multiple countries.
Bad science is still bad science. Anti-vaxxers live everywhere.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:50 am Has McDonald's lost the ability to call their burgers "burgers" in court?
They have in my court.
GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:56 am .... but the lawsuit was dropped after it was determined the taco bell accusations were bullshit?

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/restaur ... ed-6536195
Yes, they were bullshit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:57 am Kids can eat most anything as long as there's enough vitamins in there, and they aren't getting fat.
American children would disagree. Little chubbers are everywhere.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:57 am Bad science is still bad science.
Courts have determined the science to be correct in at least Denmark. (Can't call it bread.)

You defend Subway so much I swear your name is Jared! :D
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:57 am They have in my court.
Anti-vaxer or racist. (Whichever one is funnier.)
GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:56 am https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/restaur ... ed-6536195
I don't know that I even remember that case. I remember Taco Bell using the lowest grades of beef (but it was still beef) and other ingredients.

I'm actually fine with fast food places taking shortcuts and using less expensive ingredients as filler as long as its FDA approved and they're honest about it.

Again, "reasonable expectations". Yobagoya! (Fuck you for not getting that reference. Gordon should have...)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Subway

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:01 pm American children would disagree. Little chubbers are everywhere.
I said "can eat most anything as long as [...] they aren't getting fat.

If they're getting fat, they need to eat something else.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:01 pm Courts have determined the science to be correct in at least Denmark. (Can't call it bread.)
Ireland, dummy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Subway

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:01 pm Yobagoya! (Fuck you for not getting that reference. Gordon should have...)
*races to shitter*
TheCatt
Site Admin

Subway

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:14 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:01 pm Yobagoya! (Fuck you for not getting that reference. Gordon should have...)
*races to shitter*
You're just an animal.
GORDON
Site Admin

Subway

Post by GORDON »

I recently accused a woman of having vaginal hubris.
Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:10 pm If they're getting fat, they need to eat something else.
I think we should feed fat kids other fat kids.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:10 pmIreland, dummy.
Meh, all Eurotrash is the same to me. :D
GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:53 pm I recently accused a woman of having vaginal hubris.
I've known some women like that.

Also, I thought Ruxin's "reasonable expectation" defense for Yobagoya was quite brilliant. It's the same logic anyone should use eating fast food. "I feel like shit or have to shit. That's what I get for eating that garbage."
Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Subway

Post by GORDON »

Looks like keeping it real went wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Subway

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Subway

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:57 pm Restaurant with fake food fakes recycling.
That's been a thing for a while in various forms. I've seen it in person several times.