New Shopping Experience

Leisher
Site Admin

New Shopping Experience

Post by Leisher »

Thanks to all the illegal and legal (if you live in certain cities/states) looting that has been going on, here's the new shopping experience on the way: So porch piracy is going to increase, which will mean new tech will have to be created to combat that...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

New Shopping Experience

Post by GORDON »

Or, we can start cutting off a hand at each offense. Sword technology is cheap and already exists.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

New Shopping Experience

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:23 pm Or, we can start cutting off a hand at each offense. Sword technology is cheap and already exists.
SF store robbed.
A San Francisco store owner who immigrated to the United States from Afghanistan says he is at his wits end with crime in the city after a gang of thieves stole over $100,000 in merchandise from his tobacco shop.

"The politicians need to get a grip on this because It’s worse than Afghanistan or Iraq," Zaid, co-owner of Cigarettes R Cheaper in San Francisco’s Richmond District, told Fox News Digital. He was referring to crime in the city following a robbery Tuesday night, when a half dozen thieves smashed his windows and made off with about $80,000 in merchandise and $20,000 in cash.

"At least in Afghanistan the Taliban will cut your hand off and people are afraid to commit such a crime," Zaid said, adding that he sees people stealing from nearby stores every day.

"They know the police won’t do anything," Zaid explained, adding that the thieves were in his store for 18 to 20 minutes and had plenty of time to "ransack" the place. Zaid added that police have told him that they are short-handed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

New Shopping Experience

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:15 pm SF store owner has store robbed.
Your headline led me to believe he was behind his store being robbed.

Nobody taking part in looting a store is going to cure cancer. Let's just kill them. They're useless to society. Worse, they cost us money and resources.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

New Shopping Experience

Post by Leisher »

This seems to fit here...

Someone designed a solution to porch pirates and mail theft.

Yeah, it can be broken into, but it would eliminate all the crimes of opportunity by the amateurs. That's probably most porch pirates.
TheCatt
Site Admin

New Shopping Experience

Post by TheCatt »

Friend of mine in DC has something like that.

Sometimes delivery people even use it.

The best is when. People drop their own FedEx or UPS packages into it, somehow thinking it s a delivery box
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

New Shopping Experience

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:07 am People drop their own FedEx or UPS packages into it, somehow thinking it s a delivery box
Ha!

"Hey, I think you might have my package."
"How so?"
"I put it in this box here."
"Hmm, do you have a receipt? If not, there's really no proof you put anything in there."