McDonalds

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

"Ok, so we've got decades-tested recipes and flavor profiles. We're making profit each year and there's no real signs of danger because we're #1, by far, and our target market of poor people is growing and growing. So what can we do to fuck that all up?"

I bet a dollar it was ultimately a millennial who pushed the change because he/she thinks they know better.... shades of the Bud Lite debacle, of not knowing your your market is and trying to change it anyway.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

McDonalds

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:27 am
Not going great.
So a bunch of people that haven't even had them yet, are complaining about them. Yay Internet.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:29 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:27 am
Not going great.
So a bunch of people that haven't even had them yet, are complaining about them. Yay Internet.
They've rolled it out in select cities already, which is where the comments were coming from. The exception being the folks who had previously complained about the onion thing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

McDonalds

Post by Cakedaddy »

All of the complaints I saw were in the area of "Well, I guess I can't eat there any more" and other 'assuming' comments.

I didn't see any "I tried it and it sucked" type comments.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

Follow the tweets. I'm home now so don't have the thread, but someone was only accepting comments from people who have actually tried it. One of the them I read in that article, so an update must have taken place to remove it. It was the only positive Tweet they had in it. He said the flavor was an improvement, but not a huge improvement.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

Last night was my annual McDonald's takeout.

Did their hamburgers shrink? They had a diameter of like 3". The bun. The meat patty was smaller.
TheCatt
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 am Last night was my annual McDonald's takeout.

Did their hamburgers shrink? They had a diameter of like 3". The bun. The meat patty was smaller.
afaik, they've always been small. Like 1.4 ounces or something.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

I just remember them larger in my hand. My hands haven't grown in a while so it's not that.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 am Last night was my annual McDonald's takeout.

Ha, kid and I went again after midnight when we left the party.

Still kinda gross, but at least it's more expensive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by TheCatt »

Gordon mentioned using the app to order. Kid wanted McDonald's, so I got the app. Boom, free fries.
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

Most apps have good deals most of the time, great deals some of the time.

McD's had a 50% off your order last year, you could use it once a day for weeks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:36 pm Most apps have good deals most of the time, great deals some of the time.

McD's had a 50% off your order last year, you could use it once a day for weeks.
I resisted because the Chick-fil-a app isn't very deal focused, it's more "points gathering." But I read a reddit post about someone being banned from McDonalds for using the app too much, so figured it must have good deals.
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

Correct, CFA isn't great for deals. Neither was Culver's, last time I looked.

BK, Wendy's, McD's always have decent ---> great deals.

Taco Bell app is cool because you can customize everything like crazy.... ways you never even thought of. Like black beans instead of refried, that sort of thing.