No Hard Feelings (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

No Hard Feelings (2023)

Post by Leisher »

I can't lie, this looks like it has potential. Also, how does JLaw look 10 years younger after having a kid?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

No Hard Feelings (2023)

Post by Leisher »

Very formulaic.

Girl down on her luck and needs money. Has a quirky couple as best friends. Sees an ad that seems easy-peasy. All she has to do is fuck a rich couple's son and she gets a new car. However, once she gets the job there are all sorts of complications.

The story overall is fine, but not special at all. That being said, it's just a vehicle to get us from joke to joke. There are a lot of standard jokes, but there are some legit haha moments too.

JLaw carries the movie. She's a great actress, and has good comedy chops. Scott MacArthur and Natalie Morales as her couple friends bring good moments. Scott is pretty typecast as this point, but he owns it. Natalie is a mystery to me. I know her face really well, but I've seen NOTHING she's in. I have heard a lot of her voice acting though. Very strange.

I, personally, didn't think there was any chemistry between JLaw and Andrew Barth Feldman, which works for the film.

Matthew Broderick, who plays Andrew's dad, needs to update his IMDB picture... Laura Benanti plays his mom and she's hot. That's my only note.

Huge props to JLaw who did a completely nude fight scene for this movie. Yes, you see everything. From what I understand she answered a question about doing it with something like, "everyone's already seen it anyway". You want to talk about female empowerment? This was it. She's a massive celebrity and has had a kid. Her body was perfectly imperfect. It's gorgeous, but it's definitely not filmed in a way to make it seem like utter perfection. It's honest and beautiful. Doing that scene took guts that most people don't have.

This was entertaining, but not a classic.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”