General Marvel Movie & TV Show News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Jonathan Majors dating another superhero.

What's the thought process for her? Multiple abuse allegations. Career potentially crumbling. Jail possible.

Is this female empowerment to date an alleged abuser?

Incidentally, over the weekend I saw a video where a guy was asking women on the street if they'd rather date an obese man or an abusive man. Guess which one they picked...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The one over 6' tall.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

My wife was re-watching the last season of Game of Thrones, and I sat down during the zombie battle of Winterfell. There's a scene during that where the red woman is standing out by the palisade trying to magically light it on fire while the zombie horde approaches. She's praying and praying and nothing happens while the zombies get right up to the palisade....and by golly the Red God comes through and lights it up.

As shitty as the GoT writing got and as gruesome as GRRMs writing was, I'll say this for GoT: it has real stakes, and you have no idea what's gonna go down.

Unlike a Marvel movie, where ... ho hum another faceless CGI army and a skybeam. Will our heroes pull through???
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's ruined though when you see every dothraki die on the charge... And see every winterfell defender, including the mains, get swarmed under...and the next day the armies are full strength, in formation, honoring the dead.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GoT really overhyped what was beyond the ice wall, so when they finally arrived they were a disappointment. Plus, the only reason most of GoT's story happened is because Ned Stark was a fucking moron.

But yes, it does get tiresome watching Marvel heroes fighting the same faceless, mindless villain army of drones over and over...

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You know how in the next Captain Marvel movie, "The Marvels," 3 female superheroes will get their powers all mixed up somehow?

I heard it described as "Three women team up until their powers sync."

Critical Drinker's gonna love that line.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I bet he makes a period joke.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Did I not make it clear that was the joke?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:12 pm Did I not make it clear that was the joke?
I haven't eaten in 26 hours, and just finished a 45 minute bike ride, so nothing is very clear to me right now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Word. I was legit concerned I was too subtle.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Is that better?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

RT ratings are out and they're at 53%. The third worst Marvel rating ever. Ticket presales are lower than any other Marvel film and even lower than The Flash. Also, they're getting lambasted online because of the third trailer where Marvel starts it with the Avengers song and images of Iron Man and Cap, you know, people who are absolutely NOT in this movie. They also included Tessa Thompson, which is getting the Cartman "Put a chick in it and make it lame and gay" meme stuck to it by everyone.

Disney should have taken the loss and never released this movie. Batgirl was WB's most profitable DC movie last year, and it's the only one they never released.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Finally a casting where the actor looks just like the character.

Maybe Disney is getting the hint that people aren't buying into the woke shit?

:lol: :roll:

And hey, I love Yeun's work and would love him in the MCU, but this feels weird. I'm rooting for him though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That blonde character?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yes sir.

We don't have a sarcasm font or my post would have written in it.

Disney is apparently staying the woke course.

Although, I do have hopes Yeun can pull it off. He's a good actor. Probably needs to hit the gym and get on roids for this role though.

The character is essentially Superman, but with a very large twist. No spoiler.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:44 am The character is essentially Superman, but with a very large twist. No spoiler.
trans?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:37 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:44 am The character is essentially Superman, but with a very large twist. No spoiler.
trans?
Ha! The character was created way before woke, so no.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Spoil away. I don't really care about MCU or DC any more. The Loki finale was a good wrap-up of the entire thing for me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sentry is Marvel's Superman. He's also his own archvillain, The Void. It's very difficult to explain, but The Void is a "mirror" of Sentry and does evil to counteract Sentry's good. Once they figured this all out, they did the Dr. Strange mind wipe thing to make everyone forget Sentry/Void. That helped explain why a Superman created years later in real life, but stuck into the Marvel timeline much earlier is not remembered. They did the exact same thing with a black guy Superman, whose character name I'm forgetting. (Lazy writing)

For the MCU overall, they should have stopped at Endgame, taken a breather, planned out their next phases more appropriately, and then started back up. Trying to continue pushing forward after such a great ending, particularly while pushing woke politics and the M-She-U was monumentally stupid.

They have a chance to recapture their magic with the mutants (X-Men), but I don't know how continuing on with these C & D level characters naturally leads to that.

If I was running the MCU, I probably would have asked what the sales numbers were for Captain Marvel (female version), Ironheart (female Iron Man), She-Hulk, black Captain America, The Eternals, Young Avengers, and on and on and on. Because I'm pretty sure all of their sales numbers sucked. Woke Marvel damn near went under. People stopped buying their comics and the writers' only response was to continue to insult fans and shit on the legacy of the characters. If the core audience is rejecting the material, why would you think a casual audience would embrace it?

Like in Congress and most of corporate America, the people with power in Hollywood are generally out of touch and greedy. It doesn't make for good product.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Watch the Loki show, then just stop with the MCU. It's a perfect wrap-up of Endgame, much better than the other stuff we got.