Fast and Furious Franchise

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:50 pm F9: The Fast Saga is honestly pretty terrible.
I mean, it's giving people what they want.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"people"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Anyone that believes the F&F movies to be the height of cinema should never be allowed to vote.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not sure where else to put this, but I'm Team Rock in his feud against Vin Diesel.

Glad he's speaking truthfully about not knowing shit about politics. Also, reports from every set he's on say he's a really genuine guy and hard worker. The same is not said about Vin Diesel.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:25 pm Glad he's speaking truthfully about not knowing shit about politics.
I mean, didn't stop the last guy.
Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:25 pm The same is not said about Vin Diesel.
No. The hell you say.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:27 pm I mean, didn't stop the last guy.
I don't think the last guy admitted to not knowing anything about politics? I don't think I've ever heard him say anything about not knowing something or not being able to do something?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:27 pm I mean, didn't stop the last guy.
I don't think the last guy admitted to not knowing anything about politics? I don't think I've ever heard him say anything about not knowing something or not being able to do something?
I'm saying the last guy "knew nothing about politics" but still ran. But yes, he knows everything in his mind.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If things constantly degrade, and considering the last two idiots that seems like it's happening, what the hell is next?

Can we just skip ahead to 2028, Bezos vs Musk?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:48 pm If things constantly degrade, and considering the last two idiots that seems like it's happening, what the hell is next?

Great, it'd be like China vs China.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:51 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:48 pm If things constantly degrade, and considering the last two idiots that seems like it's happening, what the hell is next?

Great, it'd be like China vs China.
So Trump vs Biden...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fast X is a slog of a film. Bogged down with terrible acting (Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, etc.), a ridiculous script, and embarrassingly pretentious dialogue. The stunts are as stupid as you imagine, although scaled down from previous films. However, the most telling thing about the entire franchise is that you never feel anyone is in danger. There are no stakes. They have eliminated all of that with their nonsense retconning of people's deaths. So it's all meaningless. There's no emotion in anything because nothing matters. Additionally, it's all so convoluted and convenient. Everyone has exactly what they need for each moment, even when planning such things out would be impossible.

It's truly a garbage movie, and there's no resolution as I'm sure you're aware. Vin Diesel has said he thinks the "final movie" is a trilogy. He's as good at math as he is an actor...

And honestly, it's enough with Dom Toretto already. He's a street racer, not James Bond combined with Bruce Lee, MacGuyver, and intelligence that makes Einstein look like a buffoon. He's a trash character because he faces no peril and he always wins.

That being said, there are two reasons to see it:
1. John Cena basically stars in a buddy cop movie with a kid within the movie. The moments are few and far between, but they're cute and fun.
2. Jason Momoa is THE reason to see this film. I could write a 20 page essay on how brilliant he is in this movie, and how he's clearly having an absolute ball. Momoa's villain might be the single most charismatic villain in cinema history. He's awesome and he owns every single scene he's in. Seriously, he's everything to this film. If this franchise ever got any sort of Oscar consideration, it should be for Momoa's performance here.

Is Fast X worth seeing? Yes, but only for the two reasons I give. Some day if someone makes a super cut of just Momoa's scenes watch that instead.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »