NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers trade up to get an OT? I'm fine with that. OTs are never sexy, but they win you games.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Does Will Levis have that "Aaron Rodgers fuck you" in him?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:51 pm Steelers trade up to get an OT? I'm fine with that. OTs are never sexy, but they win you games.
Preach.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:51 pm Steelers trade up to get an OT? I'm fine with that. OTs are never sexy, but they win you games.
I thought for sure they were trading up for JSN, that would've been the most Steeler move ever and i'm glad they didn't. Some bum O-line is fine in my book, Garrett will be sure to school him real quick. :mrgreen:

And in my experience, O-line doesn't really win you shit. Joe Thomas was a first ballot HOF'er and he never sniffed the playoffs.

Not saying O-line is a bad pick, but to me, QB's and game changing WR's win in today's NFL.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher, how much you wanna bet the Steelers take Joey Porter jr today? Maybe even with the first pick of the second round, which i do hear they are fielding lots of offers for. Most likely someone who wants Will Levis.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:22 am And in my experience, O-line doesn't really win you shit. Joe Thomas was a first ballot HOF'er and he never sniffed the playoffs.
Things that happen in Cleveland don't count. We're here discussing real, professionally run football teams, and you're bringing up Cleveland???
Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:25 pm Leisher, how much you wanna bet the Steelers take Joey Porter jr today? Maybe even with the first pick of the second round, which i do hear they are fielding lots of offers for. Most likely someone who wants Will Levis.
The smart move is to trade out. Tomlin isn't smart and will draft his buddy's kid who I watched get his doors blown off routinely by every OSU WR.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:32 pm Draft shenanigans for bettors https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/0 ... -nfl-draft
Insane. The real story is apparently the Texans wanted him at #2, which would have put Stroud at #3 and changed the entire draft. However, Texans ownership said to get Stroud.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:13 pm O-line doesn't really win you shit.
The key is O-Line, not one dude. You gotta protect that thrower. WRs (almost) always get open with enough time.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I see the Browns got Dawand Jones. I like that pick. Dude's 7' tall and should be a force during run blocking.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Carolina Panthers: B
Top needs entering the draft: QB, DE, WR, DT, ILB

After an offseason coaching change and huge trade up the board to acquire the No. 1 overall pick, the Panthers have a fresh start and a new franchise quarterback. Bryce Young, my top-ranked passer in this class, can be a superstar. The 5-foot-10 passer processes the game so quickly and sees things before they happen. I've said before that if he were four inches taller, he'd have a similar grade as some of the best I've ever scouted. The reality is this pick has some risk because we've never seen an under-6-foot pocket passer have consistent success at the NFL level; he's two inches shorter than Drew Brees. Young can maneuver the pocket and scramble better than Brees, but he's not a great runner like Kyler Murray, who also is 5-foot-10. This pick is going to be a litmus test for how NFL teams evaluate signal-callers going forward.

This Carolina roster has a ways to go, especially with losing wideout DJ Moore as part of the trade with Chicago. The organization gave up a 2024 first-rounder and 2025 second-rounder in the deal, too, and it had just five picks in this draft. Receiver Jonathan Mingo (39) is a big riser since the end of the season; he has a great mix of size and speed, and he is great after the catch. I'm lower on edge rusher DJ Johnson (80), who I thought went about two rounds too early. Chandler Zavala (114) could be an impact guard, while safety Jammie Robinson (145) had a stellar week of practices at the Senior Bowl in February. I like his potential.

This class is all about Young and what he becomes, but the 2024 first-rounder Carolina gave up looms large over the next year. If Young & Co. struggle, Chicago might have a top-five choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Pittsburgh Steelers: B+
Top needs entering the draft: CB, OT, ILB, WR, DT

With three picks in the top 50, the Steelers entered the draft with a real chance to come away with multiple new rookie starters. They need help on both sides of the ball. And I'm a fan of what they did on the first two days of the draft. They traded a fourth-round pick to move up three spots in Round 1 to grab Broderick Jones (14), who will start at one of the tackle spots. He had an elite 2022 season.

On Day 2, they added cornerback Joey Porter Jr. (32), defensive tackle Keeanu Benton (49) and tight end Darnell Washington (93), all of whom could play significant roles this season. Porter is 6-foot-2 with long arms, and he can flip his hips in coverage. This is a great spot for him, being able to be mentored by Patrick Peterson. Benton's traits didn't match his college production, but if he keeps developing some pass-rush moves, he could be a three-down player. He was a slight reach on my board. Washington dropped because of some medical concerns, but he'll step into the NFL as one of the league's best blocking tight ends, and if he can up his game as a pass-catcher, he could be a steal.

Pittsburgh had just three picks in the last four rounds, with Nick Herbig (132) the most notable. He's my No. 7 inside linebacker. The light Day 3 keeps this class under an A -- teams that have more picks obviously have greater chances to find those diamonds in the rough -- but there are some instant-impact players here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Washington Commanders: B
Top needs entering the draft: CB, G/C, OT, QB, TE

So the Commanders really are going to go into the season with Sam Howell and Jacoby Brissett as their quarterbacks, huh? They passed on Will Levis and Hendon Hooker. I would have done differently, but at least I liked who they added in Round 1. I've been calling cornerback Emmanuel Forbes (16) this draft's "Splendid Splinter" because of his frame. He's a very thin 6-foot-1, 166 pounds. All he does is make plays, though. He had six pick-sixes and 14 total interceptions in his college career. He should play early and often in Washington.

The Commanders went back to the secondary in Round 2, picking my fourth-ranked safety Jartavius Martin (47), who played a lot as a nickel. They ranked 26th in takeaways last season (18), so they went all-in on needs. They also added two interior linemen with their next two picks. I thought they reached a round for Ricky Stromberg (97), but the four-year starter is sound technically. Braeden Daniels (118) is light on his feet but undersized; he's my seventh-ranked guard.

The quarterback question likely will linger into 2024, and I'm not sure Washington hit all of its needs outside of the secondary with this class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleveland Browns: B+
Top needs entering the draft: DE, DT, ILB, RB, WR

The Browns sent their first-rounder to the Texans in the Deshaun Watson deal and their second-rounder to the Jets in the Elijah Moore trade (Cleveland got a third-round selection in return), which meant the Browns waited all the way into the middle of Round 3 to be on the clock. And I have to say, I'm impressed by several of the prospects general manager Andrew Berry landed.

Some teams had a higher grade on wideout Cedric Tillman (74) than his Tennessee teammate Jalin Hyatt, who went a pick before him. Tillman was limited by an ankle injury last season, but at 6-foot-3, he can go up and get a 50-50 ball. Siaki Ika (98) is a 335-pound run-plugger of a defensive tackle. He isn't going to get many sacks, but he'll eat up blockers. Dawand Jones (111) is a mountain of a man who could develop into the starting right tackle. Isaiah McGuire (126) can be a rotational pass-rusher as a rookie. Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson (140) is a solid dual-threat, developmental quarterback. Luke Wypler (190) actually is my third-ranked center; I thought he might go two rounds before Cleveland got him.

Again, for what Berry had in this draft, he did a great job. He never reached, and he used his selections on premium positions.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

AI generated mascots is the funniest thing you will see on the internet today!

I personally like the Colts mascot, that horse is hung! :shock:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:40 pm I personally like the Colts mascot, that horse is hung!

I'm guessing these were made when the Commies were still the Redskins?

WTF is the Steelers mascot?

Is the Browns' mascot Art Modell?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

LOL! they are all terrible.

The Browns looks like a potatoe in the witness protection program.

I love the Cowboys mascot has his eyes going in 2 different directions. perfection
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

You know, I've heard a lot about his innocence, but aren't all men guilty of something?

On a more serious note, he still had sex with an UNDERAGED girl. Knowingly or not, unclear.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:22 pm he still had sex with an UNDERAGED girl.
You assholes have made me not know what that means.

Is she under 18 underage or 18-21 and can't drink underage?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:47 pm Is she under 18 underage or 18-21 and can't drink underage?
It probably depends on CONTEXT.

Underage for drinking is < 21.

Underage for sexual consent in CA is < 18

The girl was 17.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 am It probably depends on CONTEXT.
No shit Dick Tracy. (Anyone else have a parent who said that?) I was referring back to a different thread where it was pointed out that context was absent in the headline/link.

Onto the subject, how old was he at the time?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:28 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 am It probably depends on CONTEXT.
No shit Dick Tracy. (Anyone else have a parent who said that?) I was referring back to a different thread where it was pointed out that context was absent in the headline/link.

Onto the subject, how old was he at the time?

I've only heard "No shit, Sherlock." and definitely not from my parents.