The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:07 pm The one actually says the women are more skilled.
I had that argument with a girlfriend a couple of decades ago. Her argument was that men relied on their physical attributes, whereas women had to rely more on skill because they were smaller, weaker, etc.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But when they were all born with female chromosomes, they're all on generally the same weight/strength range and it balances out. Same with men. All have the same strength/weight ranges, so it's their skill that differentiates them. Someone take the most skilled female basketball player that could outplay Jordan. Or even the 100th best NBA player.

Your ex girlfriend is wrong.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:18 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:07 pm The one actually says the women are more skilled.
I had that argument with a girlfriend a couple of decades ago. Her argument was that men relied on their physical attributes, whereas women had to rely more on skill because they were smaller, weaker, etc.
If you orgasm inside someone that stupid you should be arrested for child endangerment.

BTW, one of the best comments under the video is something like: "In 10 years they'll be complaining that the WNBA doesn't have any biological women."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:23 pm If you orgasm inside someone that stupid you should be arrested for child endangerment.
lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I knew something was weird about this because I didn't know they had a mascot, heard nothing about it ever, and Donald Duck doesn't wear pants. A&W confirmed with a tweet...
Fox News had already taken the bait.

Is it really so hard for them to simply make a single phone call to A&W before reporting their story?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Don Lemon gets unofficially suspended for sexist comment.

I cannot stand Don Lemon. I think he's a racebaiter, and as such, a pile of shit as a human. However, I think in this situation he used a common phrase at a bad time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Erryone knows most women age like vinegar

:-D
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Must be a slow news day because CNN runs an Elon Musk hit piece as their top story.

Using a pregnant woman as their centerpiece? Ignoring that businesses need to make money to run? Could they be more transparent?

I don't really think Elon is their primary target though, I think it's Twitter. This story comes only a few days after they headlined (3 down from the top story) an opinion piece called "Fox News was never real news".

I think CNN is trying to position itself as the only "legit" source of news. A solid move for a business, not to so awesome for an organization that's supposed to be about honesty and transparency.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN's top story today:
An analysis piece blaming House Rs for using politics to protect Trump.

The fact that it's an analysis/opinion piece is hidden as much as possible.

After three paragraphs of very partisan propaganda, we get this important fourth paragraph:
Yet there are also sufficient doubts about a possible prosecution assembled by Bragg – and the unusual nature of potential charges relating to business and electoral law violations – to fuel questions from nonpartisan legal experts about the case perhaps not living up to its billing. This is an especially fateful issue given the gravity of any potential case against a former president.
They then bury this discussion to the final part of the article.

CNN needs to do better.

I swear they're just feeding into Trump's martyrdom, which might be what they want. Their ratings and profits have tanked since Trump lost...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN story about a guy who should have had his head on a swivel.

Posting this because of something odd. I saw this story last week while in the office. I saw it on CNN, yet CNN claims this story was published yesterday.

Are they re-using stories? Perhaps when they didn't get enough play the first time? Why change the publish date? Or do they change it anytime it's "re-published"? Just curious about how that all works.

Also interesting that this is one of their top of the page stories, while a Rand Paul assistant being stabbed in nowhere to be found. That's Yahoo's top story.

How can a story that happened 10 days ago be a top story?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I also saw that about a week ago.

Supports my theory the internet's memory is manipulatable, and is being so, in order to gaslight the world.

Because WHY wouldn't those in power use that power?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:58 am How can a story that happened 10 days ago be a top story?
Well, it was updated today.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Someone manage to get a quote from the mountain lion?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:43 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:58 am How can a story that happened 10 days ago be a top story?
Well, it was updated today.
Updated to say "No new news."

Going back to look, they changed the published line to updated. Again, interesting.

Still no mention of the Paul Rand asst stabbing that sounds like it was a planned attack. Also, "Trans" is not used in any headline about the recent schools shooting. A stark contrast for other shootings where race or sex was not only in the headlines, but also a focus of side pieces, like: "White Supremacy is this country's greatest threat" or the (deserved) hit piece on Incels.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Another grim chapter may lie ahead for a country still facing the fallout from Trump's single term
That's an actual headline on CNN, but there's no media bias! Link to the article.

Serious question: Trump is a horrific human being, but how exactly was his presidency worse than the current president?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Was just looking at a pic of some Taliban in Afghanistan riding dirty in a gifted Hummer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:31 pm Was just looking at a pic of some Taliban in Afghanistan riding dirty in a gifted Hummer.
Thanks, Trump for committing us to that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:01 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:31 pm Was just looking at a pic of some Taliban in Afghanistan riding dirty in a gifted Hummer.
Thanks, Trump for committing us to that.
You really goofed signing up as TheCatt and not TheTroll. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The Marines are pretty pissed about how Biden handled the pullout, and the rules they had. Some are suing over some needless deaths.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Trump committed, we had very little intelligence, and it all went sideways.