The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)

Post by Leisher »

Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson are two drinking buddies who have a falling out. Brendan is facing his mortality and it makes him realize he's wasting time, while Farrell is completely oblivious to this line of reasoning. Their failed friendship becomes the centerpiece of a small town on an Irish island filled with interesting characters that is also dealing with the Irish Civil War occurring on the mainland.

Of the best picture nominees I've seen so far, this one is the best. It's not perfect. I think the runtime is way too long, but being more of an artistic piece, I can forgive that. The acting and direction is really well done and the symbolism is just subtle enough to make you not think the filmmakers are hitting you over the head with it.

I also like the "common ground" they all seem to have, and if you fail to see it, congrats, you're a psychopath.

There would be good laughs in moments if not for the overall somber mood. Truly a dark comedy.

Good film.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”