Sick (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sick (2022)

Post by Leisher »

Two girls head to one of their dad's remote rich person's cabin for a vacation from Covid insanity. However, they are being stalked.

This is set during the summer of Covid when all the lockdowns were starting to happen. I know what you're thinking, but unless the message was poorly delivered or I missed something, but this is an apolitical movie. Ok, perhaps one could say something about the casting, but I really think you'd be stretching it. In fact, I'd argue the casting makes a lot of sense, which is a statement that should make more sense to you after you've seen the movie.

As I'm sure you've figured out, this is a horror movie. It's not gory, which gets helped by the darkly lit scenes.

I think it's solidly written too. Right around the point where you'll be wondering what's up, the full plot shows itself. Yes, there are still stupid people doing stupid things, but I can forgive them if a movie entertains and otherwise makes sense.

Not a cinematic masterpiece or classic, but it was a decent watch.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”