NASCAR

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Troy

NASCAR

Post by Troy »

Respect the game. Excellent marketing.
Troy

NASCAR

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:04 pm 3. We have a local school board official who posts FAR, FAR more offensive memes and while people are up in arms and protesting, he's still on...
Also, don't have kids and am still shocked by the amount of things you can do and remain on a school board. From coast to coast.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:58 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:04 pm 3. We have a local school board official who posts FAR, FAR more offensive memes and while people are up in arms and protesting, he's still on...
Also, don't have kids and am still shocked by the amount of things you can do and remain on a school board. From coast to coast.
As a nation our leadership is pretty much shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

I don't post much about or even watch NASCAR, but this is fucking amazing. Dude straight up went full video game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by TheCatt »

that's amazing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

NASCAR

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm going to bet it's for a commercial. Like those amazing catches at baseball games that were shopped.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:46 am I'm going to bet it's for a commercial. Like those amazing catches at baseball games that were shopped.
It's real.
Cakedaddy

NASCAR

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:54 am
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:46 am I'm going to bet it's for a commercial. Like those amazing catches at baseball games that were shopped.
It's real.
How do you know? Because it's on the Internet?!

Did it work?

I guess is did. Does anyone predict a rule change? A fine for damages? Because, what's to stop every race from ending like that now?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:07 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:54 am
It's real.
How do you know? Because it's on the Internet?!

Did it work?

I guess is did. Does anyone predict a rule change? A fine for damages? Because, what's to stop every race from ending like that now?
IT DID WORK! He go the exact position (5th) he needed. He was 10th before it happened.

Imho, the only possible rule change should be:
Yes, you can do this because American ingenuity is AWESOME
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

I don't think this is NASCAR, but car racing is all the same.

Jim Harbaugh and TTUN apparently run a racing team.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

NASCAR

Post by Cakedaddy »

I JUST watched a video the other night about NASCAR cheaters. Penske's name came up hard. Has been a known cheater for many years, I guess.

There was one guy who kept trying to sneak bigger gas tanks onto his car. One way he did it was by installing a tank that was 2 gallons bigger than allowed. Then he put an inflatable ball in it to take up space. When they measured how much fuel it could hold, it passed. Then they deflated the ball. Another work around was having an extra long fuel line (no rule on how long it could be), and it was 2" thick (no rule on how big it could be). It held an extra 2 gallons of fuel.

I think it was penske that build a tower that put their reserve fuel drum like 28 feet in the air. All the 'extra gravity' (You know, physics) made the fuel flow faster. They could refuel in seconds rather than minutes.

They basically took the stance of "If there's no rule against it, I'm allowed to do it".

One of them dipped their car in acid to make all of the metal thinner (then installed a roll cage that weighed far less than all the metal that was eaten away). That way, the car maintained the required 'stock' shape, but was much much lighter. They were discovered when a judge inadvertently crushed a section of the car with his hand. Basically leaned up against the body and it crumpled.

It was pretty interesting, even though I know nothing about NASCAR. But the take away is, Penske was featured in the video quite a bit.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, that all sounds interesting. It's always fascinating to see how far people go to skirt rules.
Cakedaddy

NASCAR

Post by Cakedaddy »

It was surprisingly interesting. Of course the presenter had a personality conducive to listening to as well. But the one cheater just took things to a comical level. Constantly getting caught and disqualified.